Ty Mawr Mansion
Plas Antaron Hotel(Aberystwyth)
Gwesty Cymru(Aberystwyth)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Have recently come back from a holiday in Wales and stayed for one night at Ty Mawr Mansion. We took advanatage of the amazing mid-week deal, which included the dinner and bed and breakfast. We received a very warm welcome form Martin and were very kindly upgraded to the Seinna Miler Suite, which was incredibly comfortable. We enjoyed an exceptional meal in the restaurant that evening, The food was of a really high standard and the staff were equally good. I think that I can honestly say the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and had a brilliant nights sleep. The breakfast the next morning was exceptional. This hotel is ideal for a relaxing break in perfect surroundings and will certainly visit again when I am next in Wales.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We arrived to a warm welcome from the owners Martin and Cath. They made us feel really at home. We stayed in room 9 which was a lovely size room really spacious and with two leather sofas to relax on. The bathroom is huge with a large shower and large bath, the pebbled flooring looked fantastic. There were plenty of thick warm towels (we didn't need them all). The bed was really soft and comfortable. There is air con if you required it, internet and wifi the room. We had a view of the grounds from our door and of the chickens which the children loved to watch and were even aloud to feed along with a trip to see the pigs. The hotel is beautiful and the food is 5 star. We also watched a film in there own cinema which was really comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble. We will definately be returning.

Room Tip: The Matthew Rhys Suite Room 9 is really comfortable, spacious and great view of the chicken Coop. Large Bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I visited Ty Mawr in June and enjoyed our stay so much that I booked a two night stay in August for my daughters birthday. Our second visit was just as good and I'm now thinking about a third stay. I'm not going to repeat everything other reviewers have written however the beds are super comfortable, the rooms are huge and beautiful, the food is amazing and Martin and Cath are fabulous hosts. Plus you've got to go and say hello to the pigs and the chickens.

Room Tip: Room 2 is particularly nice for couples, amazing bathroom with views over the fields.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

What a wonderful place .... Set in the tranquil hills near Aberaeron this place is special.
We were warmly welcomed by Martin who gave us a tour of his wonderful home.. I say home because its obviously loved by the owners who have restored it to its former splendor .
We stayed in the kiera knightly suite which was stunning.... The bed was so so comfortable . The jacuzzi bath was fab .... Nice touches like homemade biscuits and nothing was too much trouble. When I asked for fresh milk it was brought to e straight away.
Then came the evening meal ... The best meal I've ever had from beginning to end it oozed quality the chef is a champion of local produce .. An al a carte meal which pleased the eye ad palette !!!! Local fish meat veg homemade bread simply wonderful... Breakfast was also of the same quality real bacon!!!!! The owners own eggs and again homemade bread !! Fab x
The location is also perfect a few minutes away from lovely Aberaeron and new quay making it a wonderful base for exploring .... A must for couples who want a relaxing romantic break that will not disappoint 10/10

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely the suites are fab
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaznped
Reviewed 5 August 2013

From the moment you arrive, you will be treated royally. Although they make great play about famous people who have stayed there, you will be made to feel you are on a par.

Good old fashioned service that makes you feel both wanted and special.

The rooms were spacious, with a comfortable bed and excellent bathroom facilities.

Nothing was too much trouble for them throughout our stay.

Breakfast was excellent with a full welsh of local produce.

I would recommend and would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple