“Warren mill farm park”
Review of Warren Mill Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cowbridge
Warren Mill Farm
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“Warren mill farm park”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited this farm park over the half term break, with my partner and children (one aged 5 and one aged 3months) and we had a lovely morning.
It is a small farm park with a snack hut and small park. My five yr old loved the park despite it being quite basic.
The animals were all very friendly - there were goats, pigs, donkeys, llamas, alpacas, chickens, ducks etc.
My five year old enjoyed feeding the animals and trying to stroke the prairie dogs! The only down side was a bit of a struggle with the pram with the 3 month old as there are no paths, but this certainly wouldn't put us off going again.
A lovely morning out at a small family business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Farl1007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was nicely welcomed by Marian when I arrived at a late hour, 10:00pm. I was to leave at 7:15 so I needed breakfast at 6:45.

On arrival I was ushered to the room through the rambling, multi-level corridors in this very charming farmhouse. I was given an extra heater as the radiator was supposedly not perfectly efficient, but I did not need it. The room was warm, the bed very comfortable and also warm as toast. I had to work late into the night, and Marian offered to move a convenient table into the room. The internet speed was good for a rural location. As I arrived in the dark and left at about dawn, I was not able to enjoy the very nice views and fully appreciate the charm of the house, which is large and pretty. It was unfortunate that I was not able to chat a bit more to the owners, who are very welcoming and very nice.
Only one negative: the breakfast came very quickly, because it had been cooked the previous night: a shrivelled sausage, tough bacon and a glazed egg. Nice toast and coffee. I put this down to my late arrival and the early start.
Overall a pleasant stay, and I recommend it to tourists visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Caerdydd, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This has been my wife and I third visit. It's really nice, you have a lovely setting with lakes, and an old watermill. The hosts are great and couldn't do more. Cant' fault it. Just a few hundred meters away you have the added bonus of fantastic tranquil fishing lake, and an animal farm with all sorts of animals you can get up and close with - just a few hundred meters away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed in the 2 self catering cottages for 10 weeks overall and it was truly a wonderful place to be in. Surrounded by the beautiful tranquil green landscape of the Welsh country side, these self catering cottages are everything they are meant to be: pleasant, comfortable, cozy, modern, well organized and have in them anything you might need. It was great spending the day there, sitting inside or in the balcony and doing work from home, and it was great coming back there after a long day out. The hosts are so very lovely and nice and were very attentive, helpful and caring to my requests and needs. It is a special place that I look back at with a big smile. It is important though to come with a car since to get to the main road/ the nearest bus stop is about 25 minutes walk, with a car you can get easily to Cardiff (15-20 min) and Cowbridge (5 min) and enjoy what they have to offer too. Definitely definitely recommended! PS If you come over with children they will surely enjoy the Farm park :-)

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 209SK
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have stayed here several times and each visit I am amazed how quiet and peaceful it is. Yes, it is away from it all and the road is quite narrow, but that adds to the charm of being in the country. The farmhouse is lovely, quite cozy in fact, with nice clean rooms, and to wake to the distant sounds of the crowing cockerel is quite special. Marian is an excellent host and provides a lovely breakfast. For something different to see there is also a Farm park - Chickens, turkeys, donkeys, Kookaburra, Gophers and more....enough to entertain the kids for a long while (I'll admit it - adults too!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am really happy that I did not read any reviews here on tripadvisor. I maybe would have missed this lovely place.
The communication with the hosts before was very good and they replied to all our questions very quick and with helpful Information.
When we arrived we found a cozy cottage with a lot of space downstairs with many sofas and chairs and a charming flair. The breakfast room is also very clean and has a nice view to the pond and the garden.

The rooms were absolutely clean and very comfortable. We did not miss a thing. There was a water heater and we could prepair the first coffee and tea in the room before we went down to enjoy the rich and tasty breakfast.

The hosts are loveley people and we hope to meet them again. We enjoyed our stay in the cottage and the ids also did. We have been there for 3 nights and I would like to comment some things that are written in the other reviews.

Yes, the toilet did not flush very well. We told Marian and - guess what - the plumber came the same day to fix it.

Yes, there are narrow roads - so what? It is a beautiful place in Wales and they have this kind of roads.

Poor animals?????????? Not at all. Early in the morning before visitors are coming all the animals get their food and all of them had fresh water. There is enough space for every species and many of them are free to walk wherever they like. We were told that some people give their exotic animals to them because they cannot handle them anymore. They find a good place there. Whatever I wanted to know about different animals - I got an answer and all the Information I was asking for.

The children loved it and we did as well.

The playground was closed for the animals with a gate and it was absolutely clean as well as the picnick tables.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Firstly I was surprised to read some of the average reviews as our stay was excellent and without fault.

I am more used to glossy hotels in big cities than Farmhouses off the beaten track but my wife booked Warren Mill Farm for a 2 night weekend stay due to us attending a wedding locally on the Friday. We had our 4 and 5 year old girls staying with us both nights and thought that it would be nice to have the farm park close for the children the following day. We visited the Farm Park on Saturday day and then went for dinner in nearby Cowbridge on the Saturday evening before leaving on Sunday morning, but not before giving into the children and re-visiting the Farm Park for an hour first to see the baby chicks.

Farmhouse B&B:
We arrived early and were able to pre arrange dropping our bags off on the Friday before the wedding. We informed the owner we may be back late on the Friday night but unsure of what time, again not a problem. On Saturday afternoon we sat on the grass bank of the private lake at the back of the house watching the world go by for an hour or so. We were completely unbothered apart from some leaping fish, which was lovely.
- Breakfast was great, fruit, yogurt, cereal and cooked breakfast of your choice - All excellent quality.
- Rooms clean, spacious and had a vey warm feel. Ours had a large en suite that was convenient.
- House itself was very relaxing, 2 lounges and a dining room that were accessible one had a lovely wood burner that would be beautiful for the winter months.

Farm Park:
Simply Refreshing to let the children get up close and play directly with the animals without the Britain's gone mad health and safety officer running behind and a claim company waiting outside the door to sign you up! In all seriousness 9/10 children will love this Farm Park it's one of only a few places that they can run free with the animals including feeding and stroking them. Yes you probably need to keep a little eye in them in certain parts but its not an issue as long as you are a little more sensible than your 4 year old!

In conclusion it's rustic, rural and tranquil and we will return at some stage for another relaxing break.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cowbridge
The Bear Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cowbridge
Glyndwr Vineyard
Glyndwr Vineyard
#1 of 8 in Cowbridge

Been to Warren Mill Farm? Share your experiences!