“Relax and Unwind”

Shady Tree Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great place to relax and unwind after a day of experiencing Sqamish. Whether you just finished hiking "The Cheif" or spent the day windsurfing, this, just off the highway retreat is sure to !

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It has been a while since my husband and I visited the Shady Tree. We came in on a weeknight. My husband ordered his usual favorite, the Shady Burger, and I discovered a new favorite, the Veggie Flatbread. The food came quick and was delicious. The service was quick and friendly as usual.
We noticed a big change in the pub since our last visit: minors are now allowed. While I am sure it now greatly increases business for the pub, it definitely takes away the pub feel that my friends, husband, and I used to enjoy. I noticed two ladies at a table across from us giving their poor waitress a hard time about the lack of booster seats/highchairs and kid-sized plastic cups. Seriously, people. There is a White Spot just five minutes down the highway from here.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We were curious about the large sign outside that read, World Famous Wings so we had to try them. They are pretty good. I'd rank them as one of the top 3 wings I've ever had. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting the food to be as good as it was. I ordered the veggie flatbread & hubby ordered the prime rib. Both were cooked perfectly & the flatbread was nice & crispy. They also didn't skimp on the toppings which I appreciated. The wait staff was friendly & attentive. Restrooms were also clean. There's a pool table inside & they also have a wall cooler where you can buy alcohol, kind of like a convenient store. It has a bit of a lodge feel to it, with the wood carved artwork & photos of animals. The decor does feel a little dated but we loved it. The food is good, the place is clean, & the service great. Well be back the next time we're in Squamish.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

- There was a warm, welcoming, open concept, comforting feeling to the layout of this pub when we walked in
- Our waitress was attentive, but not over baring

We had stopped for a late snack after driving all day. However, while we were there a few other tables were ordering entrees and let me tell ya...man did they look appetizing & smell good!

We shared the following
2 appetizers - crunchy won ton crusted prawns...very good & crispy
- Shrimp & Crab Stuffed Mushrooms - kind of tasteless, would be better with
a hollandaise sauce on top or something
1 Spicy Caesar - Excellently spiced!! Very good
2 beers from on tap - served cold, crisp, and refreshing

I would definitely go back to this pub! The entrees look awesome, drinks were good, and the atmosphere was nice to hang out in

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My friends, colleagues, boyfriend and I used to frequent the Shady on a weekly basis for years. I have moved out of town but I've gone back on random occasions but have been extremely disappointed by the poor service. Waiting 45 minutes for a drink, an hour and a half for your food and then when it does arrive half the order is wrong is extremely frustrating. The food is 'decent' but the staff needs a serious overhaul.

3  Thank Dawn K