“Awesome restaurant and view”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oliver
Burrowing Owl Estate Winery Guest House
Ranked #2 of 21 Oliver B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome restaurant and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I heard a lot of good things about this winery, so I came here for my birthday dinner when we were staying at Osoyoos.The view is awesome. Didn't like the tuna though. I would definitely come back. Very relaxing and romantic for just a couple to enjoy their time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went to this winery last year. The Pinot Noirs and the Pinot Gris were our favorite to try. We also had lunch in the restaurant on the patio which has a great view of the desert over the mountains. I would highly recommend visiting this winery.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip T
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were here 10 years ago, when Jim was planning the "Boutique Hotel" and he knocked it out of the park. The 10 condos are elegant, spacious, high quality finishes, slate floors, great views to the pool and the valley, easy pool access from the lower units. Yeah - we loved it for 2 nights, and we partied by the pool, and even did some lengths in the salt water. Love it! There's a "party room" or "board room" on the second floor, where our 4 couple party gathered for appies and wine, - how elegant. The restaurant is excellent, and Burrowing Owl Merlot still my favourite red wine, even though the Valley's whites are still my favourites.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 8Peter
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Absolutely magnificent property in a glorious setting. Everything is all well thought out. Superb rooms, pool and hot tub accessibility. Fabulous restaurant on site. Inviting tasting room. Tasty gourmet breakfast included. Making plans to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boogieboy7
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Lorna at the front desk. Right away she recognized the our name as my husband had spoken with Lorna to let them know we were coming to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Lorna asked if we preferred Red or White Wine. We were given the tour and shown our room which I must say was beautiful. A bottle of Red Wine was waiting for us along with two glasses which I felt was a nice touch. We did the wine tour which has been one of the best we have experienced . Sophi, our guide did an incredible job of explaining the whole process from growing the vines to harvest then the fermentation process right to the bottling of the wine. Well felt it was worth the $5 pp. We explored the area and a few of the other wineries in the area then came back to dinner Sonora's. The whole dinner experience was a perfect 10. Ron our server did an impeccable job and a joy to chat with.
As we got little to no sleep the night before due to the constant dripping (see trip to choose a good room) and we are early raisers we wished breakfast started at 7 am rather than at 8 am but I must say I felt breakfast was very well done. There was plenty of fruit, pastries, breads and their version of an eggs benedict.

Room Tip: The only reason we did not give this property the excellent rating was due to the fact we got little...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DP7153
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Yes this place is expensive, but with the large rooms, expansive views of the vineyards, and the valley below, you feel like you've just inherited your own villa!

My wife and I stayed there for two nights in early May for our 32nd Anniversary. This guest house has been on our bucket list for years, and now it will remain a yearly event!

When they say the guest rooms are large, you'll never believe it until you see how large. Let's call them big enough to be the first apartment you had when you were starting out. A small bar, king size bed, two comfortable easy chairs, and then of course there is the expansive bathroom with huge walk in shower that makes your inner self want to hum tunes.

The large patio outside your room is perfect for having a glass or two of wine before dinner, and the Guest House provides you a complementary bottle of wine. The place is hard to leave after you get there. There are the vineyards to wander through, a large pool and Jacuzzi just for the guests, and of course the tasting room for wine.

This guest house is remarkably quiet in off season, and I highly recommend going in that time, as the staff have lots of time to discuss the vineyards and the area, and you'll never feel rushed by the crowds of tourist that swarm the place in July and August.

Room Tip: Off season is the best time to go, and there are also great deals with dinner if you book Monday to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lyle N
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent a girls' weekend in the Okanagan wine country last week. The price was great as we went in shoulder season
pluses:
1) room is spacious and has a good view. Bathroom amentias are high quality. Towels are ample.
2) restaurant staff is very friendly and authentic and didn't seem to just want better tips. The breakfast staff was prompt in clearing the dishes as well as bring out fresh items. The receptionists were most helpful in helping us find a driver as well as helping with directions.
3) The meal we had at the restaurant was top notch. My girlfriend and I shared an octopus appetizer. I had the ciopinno, which was the best I have had. The flavor was explosive but not overpowering and I could still taste the fish. My girlfriend had the duck confit and she couldn't stop praising how crisp the skin and how juicy the meat was. The dessert special was a lemon mousse and it totally exceeded our expectations. I wish we had dined here again for our second night of stay.
4) The pool area was very relaxing. It was perfect for soaking the sun and read a book.
Minuses:
1) as some other reviewers said, this place could be noisy.
2) The wines are not as great as the rooms.

Room Tip: if you want to hang out at the pool, lower floor maybe more convenient. If you want more privacy, ma...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliver
Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort
Walnut Beach Resort
Walnut Beach Resort
#4 of 26 in Osoyoos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,054 reviews

Been to Burrowing Owl Estate Winery Guest House? Share your experiences!