“Friendly place with nice pool”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliver
Bel Air Cedar Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oliver
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly place with nice pool”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Five of us stayed at the Bel Air Cedar Resort in the small town of Oliver the last weekend in July 2013 and really liked it. We had rooms 1 and 2 in the motel. Although the resort website does not mention that room 2 has cooking possibilities, we were glad to see that it did have a 2 burner hotplate, as well as a microwave and coffee maker. Room 1 is larger, with a complete kitchenette and 2 queen size beds. The furniture and fittings are a bit dated, and the bathroom in room 2 was tiny, but satisfactory for us. The pots, pans, dishes, and utensils are not great, but between the 2 rooms we made do.

After a hard day of wine-tasting, the pool was great and the hot tub a nice addition. Both were clean. There's quite a bit of grassy area and fruit trees which can be picked throughout this small resort. Since the camping area wasn't quite full when we stayed we were able to eat our meals at one of the picnic tables near the pool area. The Bel Air is pet-friendly and has a small dog run at the back of the property. At the front of the resort just at the side of the highway Hammer's House of Hog (a small BBQ shack) offers pulled pork sandwiches from 11 am until he runs out.

The Bel Air is reasonably priced, very convenient for the cycling and walking trails along the river and within short driving distance of Oliver's fantastic wineries, many of which we sampled. Groceries, a liquor store, and a couple of convenience stores are right near by. If you are looking for an unpretentious, relatively inexpensive but pleasant place to stay, I would recommend this spot.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lisaannem

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We had originally planned to stay in Osoyoos and were disappointed when all of the hotels were fully booked over the long weekend. We ended up looking in Oliver and found the cute Bel Air Motel. Brad the owner was very friendly and accommodating and our room was just what we needed. Our 8 year old son loved the pool and the view is great aswell. We fell in love with the little town of Oliver and are grateful we found it. We will be back!

We are looking forward to trying "Hammer's House of Hog" a little roadside BBQ stand which opens at lunch.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Notallwonderersrlost
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The cabin was great and the rates very reasonable. Very hospitable service! We also enjoyed picking fresh cherries right outside our door. There would have also been apples and apricots if we had come later in the summer, and he said we could just help ourselves. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing after a full day of activities too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank McCMac11223344
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Belair with my family over the long weekend to attend a wedding being held at The Lakeside Resort Campground also in Oliver. It is a little delayed review from when we stayed but after seeing it only had one 5 star review I felt I had to give my own rating.

My fanily of 5 as well as my boyfriend and my two sister's boyfriend stayed here as well. My mom booked two of the motels but each motel had slightly different stay dates. My mom had to change the dates of the larger hotel we booked once and it was done with ease. The rooms are cute and very clean. We booked the 3 bed-room motel which was extremely spacious with outdated furniture which is exactly what to expect when staying at Bel Air so It wasnt at all disappointing. We also booked a cabin with 2 beds 1K 1Q pet-friendly and it was equally as enjoyable.

The housekeeping staff were very friendly and and accomodating.

The pool and hot tub definitely looked like they could use a good clean, but that did not affect my trip in anyway.

I have been going to Oliver every summer for the past 19 years so I would definitely recommend staying at Bel Air if you want to viait the small friendly town of Oliver!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Robyn N
Alberta
Reviewed 19 July 2012

staff are friendly, its got a pool, right on main drag, good for large families, can save $ with kitchenettes etc. Good value, not for a princess though as is is quite old, but I would go back for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank wm4kids
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at the Bel Air Cedar Resort for the long weekend in August 2011. All the hotles and camp sites were booked solid in the area due to the long weekend and Big Little League Experience had a baseball camp that same week.We called the owner and asked if we could stay on the same site our friends had their trailor for the weekend and he was gracious enough to allow this!
We enjoyed our stay.....the pool had issues and he had someone come in and try to get it up to par. (it was very green, cloudy and murky). It was nice and quiet, and the owner worked very hard at keeping the place beautiful!
We booked for the following weekend, this time in the Motel. It was very basic, clean, only had one bed but he allowed three of us to sleep there (again, very accomodating).
The showers were fine near the pool. But there were younger children in charge of the clean up and I didn't find they did a great job. The mirrows were murky, and they didn't seem to have alot of cleaning knowledge.
By the time we returned for our second trip, the pool was fixed! Nice clear blue water. Like I said, he takes alot of pride in his little place, and works really hard. I would go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SheepyBC
Tignish, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I'm 70 and not in great health. Brad assisted me with everything from parking and unhooking my trailer a couple of times to helping me get my sewage system working. He was ever pleasant and polite. He doesn't seem to be into needless chit-chat or poke his nose into the business of others and that suits me fine.
I'll call them first whenever I'm going to be coming this way.
............scribblerlarry

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank scribblerlarry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliver
Maple Leaf Motel Inn Towne
Best Western Plus Sunrise Inn
Mount View Motel
Mount View Motel
#2 of 8 in Oliver

Been to Bel Air Cedar Resort? Share your experiences!