“Amazing decor and baths circuit!!”

Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosemere
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This place is totally worth it. I've been here about 5 times and I love it every time. the decoration is a mix of zen, tibetian and Japanese style. Being there actually feels like being in another country. It is a must try in any weather!! Best spa in montreal!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lightinthedark
Spa L, Responsable relations publiques at Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for these comments, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again, soon !

There are newer reviews for Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had standard "2 queens" room. Spa still closed due to fire - until late Feb. Interesting decor in hotel - colours and lighting restful. Very clean. Bed and bedding very comfortable. Breakfast room with cool and creative decor and great view - but basic breakfast fare. Towels rather surprising for a spa - small and thin. Rest good. Good value for so close to Montreal.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Spa L, Responsable relations clients at Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear DarB-Ottawa,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Spa & Hôtel Le Finlandais. It is always pleasant to receive feedbacks from our costumer. We really appreciate it!

We are glad to hear that you liked your experience here. The satisfaction of every costumer is very important for us.

We hope to welcome you again very soon and this time you can try the new Spa.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We were at the hotel for a bit more then three weeks, we became more like family then guests! Rooms are very clean, and the staff is very helpful. We enjoyed the pool, the scenery of the lake across makes the atmosphere just that much more special. All the staff there are absolutely amazing and always smiling no matter what the time. Would definitely stay there again:)

• Stayed: July 2013
Spa L, Responsable relations publiques at Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear « Mezabine W »,

We are glad to hear that you felt more like family then guest when you were here! It is very important for us that every costumer feels at home!
We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been doing layover in MTL area for the last 20 years and due to having a pet, this limits our choices. This was by chance that I found this hotel and wished that I would have known this before... Excellent location, awesome hotel rooms with extremely comfortable bed, a view on the river with an exterior heated pool. Walking distance to many good restaurants and yes, pets are admitted. The continental breakfast is better than all competition in a setting that is worth the visit. The staff is excellent and the price point was in line. Most recommended and I will return.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are just fine... unless you require all the bells and whistles...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Beware when booking online they will give you all the rooms they can't sell.

Unfortunately, I booked a 3 night stay through http://hotel.com. The pictures were incredible and free breakfast. WOW...I was like this was a great value, BUT was I WRONG. When we got here for our first night I thought they gave us the wrong room. So, I called the front desk and asked where is the fireplace and couch? They said this is what you get when you book online. I am from NYC and I can accommodate small but this was a corner room facing the street where you can hear the surround sound effects from the passing vehicles. Next the room is directly under the spot light that shines right into my window.

Oh the breakfast it is better not having it because it sucked. For the money it is a hyped up motel.

Updated: From one star to 3 stars, I spoke to the manager and she was able to move me to a better room (what I saw in the pictures) in the back of the hotel. She also gave me a bottle of wine. However, I will still use caution when booking online.

Room Tip: Just stay with a hotel you know.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Keeyu
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

This i an interesting place. The rooms are small, the hotel is fairly isolated, the service is mediocre. But the spa is great!

Close enough to Montreal for a couple days detours I wouldn't have ended up this far away otherwise, but I am glad I came. Of course I am glad I came for the spa. And that was enough. I left relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

The front desk people are unprofessional and sarcastic!
Called for room availability and was told lots of rooms in all categories are available. I checked the room rates on their website. Upon arrival they jacked up the prices by 60$ on any selection, pretending that its was because of Valentines day. But it wasn't even Valentine weekend yet, it was one week before. Nothing was mentionned on their website. We wanted something quick so we could enjoy the spa for 30 minutes before the closing time. but despite knowing our intention the front desk was delaying our checkin with bogus excuses and marketing stunts.
Once we got to our room, to our surprise, a couple was lying in our bed and they screamed so terribly that I really felt bad for them. Turned out that the front desk had our keys programmed for the wrong room. So not only they ruined our stay but they also ruined other people's stay. They did not even have the decency to upgrade us to a better room, or at the very least give us the same rate as on their website!!! As far as I know,its illegal to advertise a price and jackup prices for any pretexes upon arrival...
They know when a couple is coming for a romantic night that they will avoid confrontations, so they used that against me. If it wasn't for my loved one, I would have showed the front desk a real bad time!!!
The room turned out nothing like the romantic getaway I was looking for and nothing nearly close to what they had on their websit's pictures. At 180$/night we got a poorly looking bedroom with no fireplace or jacuzzi, despite the contrary on the phone. Very deceiving!!!
The worst was that they knew about our romantic intention and gave us a double queen bed room! What kind of insane management does that to ruin people's stay!
Bad management, deceitful practices, to avoid at all cost if you don't want traps and ruin that romantic night!!!!!
Never again!

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank seyedg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemere
Le St-Martin Hotel and Suites
#2 of 3 in Saint-Eustache
Sheraton Laval Hotel
Sheraton Laval Hotel
#4 of 14 in Laval

Been to Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais? Share your experiences!