While I do agree with the other reviews in regards to the wonderful view from the rooms and the peaceful surroundings I have to say that there were a few uncomfortable elements as well. I am not sure if we got the crap room or what but there were no closets/shelves to put our clothing, there was a hanging rack but no hangers. We requested a room w/ a kitchen so we can cook our meals, however, the lighting in the kitchen area was very poor and made it difficult to cook in the evenings. Additionally, the utensils and other appliances in the kitchen were very worn down and it wasn't nice cooking/eating w/ that quality of utensils. Soap was not provided in the bathroom which was very odd. No dish soap in the kitchen either or paper towels. Bathroom looked very worn as well. There was WIFI at the hotel but not in all rooms including our room, was not happy with that.
A good thing is that the lodge is very close to the beach. But I've been to Grenada at least 4x before this stay and I wouldn't say it's the nicest beach on the island. You definitely should have a rental car and it's really for people who want to have no contact with what else is going on since it's very quiet and no Internet, no TV, poor cell reception, poor lighting to read in the evenings, etc...
I have to say that the staff (maids, gardeners, restaurant workers) were very kind people.
Lastly, make sure your trip to Grenada is confirmed with no possible changes since they take a percentage of room payment if there are any changes/cancellations. I booked the rooms and had some changes and tried to cancel 3hours after phoning in reservation and was notified that they will keep part of my payment.
I am sorry that most of my comments are negative but I wished it wasn't since the location is a lovely place, just not the rooms. I noticed that the other comments were very positive ones and they stayed in the Studio rooms which are the larger ones w/ 2 bedrooms. Maybe those rooms are the ones to go for. We just stayed in the standard ocean front room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu