This trip could not have been better. We traveled to Hacienda Zuleta to experience its Zuleteño horse which is a unique mixture of Spanish-Andalusian, English and Quarter horse, a robust Andean horse with a good disposition for riding. During our stay, we had numerous opportunities to explore the Andean countryside along high altitude trails (between 9.000 and 13.000 feet) that wound through grasslands and cloud forest, along cobblestone trails and through local villages. Hacienda Zuleta is heaven on earth. The guides were excellent and the horses are unsurpassed. The riding was excellent and varied. The food was outstanding and the rooms were beautiful and spotless. The support staff was available but never intrusive. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to work here. We absolutely loved this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only two hours north of Quito, Hacienda Zuleta is a family owned, 2,000 hectare real estate with colonial buildings dating back to 1691. Situated within a tranquil and fertile valley between Cayambe and Ibarra, you will have the impression that you have traveled back in time. The expansive Hacienda Zuleta grounds include a working dairy farm, cheese factory, trout farm, horse stables and an beautiful organic vegetable garden where most of our food comes from. We also manage an Andean Condor Rescue Center and the Hacienda is surrounded by three beautiful Andean communities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda Zuleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Zuleta Hotel Imbabura Province
- Hacienda Zuleta Ecuador/Imbabura