“One of the best volunteering places yet”
Review of Clara Luna

Clara Luna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift
Pacasmayo, Peru
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of the best volunteering places yet”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Paola is hard working and flexible with the work, you can work 15 hours minimum a week or you can do as much as you want. You can be busy but always have the time to relax, chill with the other volunteers and feel like you are making a difference.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Doug4321

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Volunteer Opportunity!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had a fantastic time at Clara Luna. I spent 5 weeks there volunteering as an English teacher and helping with other activities. If you are interested in helping children, go here! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot too. Paola, the coordinator, is great!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kierita
Hanoi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience & Learned a Lot”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I studied with Paola at Clara Luna and progressed in my Spanish and learned about Ecuador and South America. Paola recognized areas that I needed to improve and tailored our lessons to my level and learning style. I enjoyed Puerto Lopez and the area as well.I hope I can return and study again in the future. Ken J.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ken J
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meet and mingle with locals at Clara Luna! Get involved with the wonderful local community!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After much experience with this wonderful group of dedicated people, I can suggest there is something for everyone at Clara Luna!
If you would like to learn Spanish in a great convivial atmosphere, Clara Luna give you the opportunity to enjoy lessons in a friendly homelike setting!
If you are interested in kids, and what activities and learning is available for the local children, tune into the Book Club twice a week. Also, there are special activities and events going on all the time which you can choose to get involved with.
Interact with locals in the intercambio sessions, where you can develop your language skills in a fun and challenging environment.
Drop by anytime to chat with the volunteers, and Paola and her family! They will welcome you!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank vagabonda2011
Guayaquil, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“fun language exchanges”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Claraluna is the best place for learn and live a language. we have met people from different countries and we learned about its culture in a fun way. ..and by the way its coffee is the best of puerto López. I recommend this spot as a highlights.

Visited October 2013