“"Sit down!"”

US$169.51*
Puffing Billy Train and Yarra Valley Food and Wine Day Trip from Melbourne
US$146.91*
and up
Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Day Tour with Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery from...
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“"Sit down!"”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Came here on a tour with Grayline. Grayline coach drivers have been very interesting and fun. However the same cannot be said for Ferguson winery.

We came for lunch and were the only group of tourists. The rest of the restaurant was empty. My most notable experience here was with a young waitress, blond, who was extremely rude. I don't think I've ever met another human being quite as rude. As we were queuing up for the food, she had insisted that we sat down as it was not our turn yet. We didn't know that was the case - she could've told us nicely.

Special mention must be made of one other waitress. Older lady, serving at the carvery. She was very nice and polite.

The food was so so. Came with wine but I don't take much wine so I can't comment on that.

Would I return? Nope.

4 Thank Arthertbc0702

Singapore
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not worth a visit”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had opted for a Great Sights day tour to the Yarra Valley with Puffing Billy, wildlife and wine-tasting. The restaurant and winery that was included in the tour, Fergusson Winery and Restaurant is sub-standard. Food is not fantastic and staff are not friendly and helpful. There was nobody at the wine tasting section and it took a long while before a staff appeared. Variety of wine is limited and among the worst I've wasted at a winery. I had wanted to taste more dessert wines but there's only one available and staff present was also not pro-active to recommend others.

Not worth a visit at all! My suggestion is to go for a pure winery tour if you are interested in wine-tasting.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Vivien-GSDiving
Yarck, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good service & good wine”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fergusson's made us feel very welcome and gave really good explanaitions about the different wines on offer. The wine was excellent. We also had breakfast as part of a package deal which was very nice.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fergusson Winery”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful food, especially the camembert cheese. Great friendly service and a lovely setting. And the wines were delicious too.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jennifer w
Seattle, Washington
375 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 424 helpful votes
“Lots of wine, not enough cheese”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

One of our stops on the wine tour in the Yarra Valley. We weren’t given much explanation as to the wines but were served plenty. We also paid for a cheese platter but when we got there we received two tiny platters for about 30 people. Wines were good, we took some home.

Visited May 2014