This is an interesting type of establishment. I attended this hotel as part of a function. It is always good to stay where a function is held. The service at check in was average, not a person offered to take my bags, clearly obvious I was struggling. The room was clean and tidy. What I did find extremely annoying was there was no guide/ information book about anything. That information I found later on the actual tv. You had to physically turn the tv on to find out the essential things like room service, information etc. the room was spacious and suitable, but once again confusing in regards to what was complementary and paid items. Eg; water bottle $3.50.
I found the cafe had advertised "open till late ", so I went down to get a coffee and some food only to find it closed early, yet there were people around!!
Going outside to look for food is not an option especially on a Saturday night as there is only a servo around and McDonalds. It is definitely not a safe place to be walking alone at night.
The room service menus looked good until you read that the late night service starts at 10pm!! It is not a cheap option and not a great selection. The hotel overall is satisfactory, for the price, I expected more. The overall service leaves a lot to be desired. It is also advertised on the Qantas website, but the staff would not acknowledge that or take my card to add points.
The only real plus for this hotel is it is directly on the tram line, stops directly outside hotel, and the views if you had one, evidently are good.
For my money, I could have stayed further up the road and would have had more value for money. A convenient hotel for a function and sleep over package, but that's about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A relaxed and spacious, tranquil riverside oasis just a stones throw from Melbourne's cultural and shopping heart. With 111 guestrooms, townhouse apartments and loft apartments, restaurant, bar\cafe, leisure facilities close by and excellent conference and meeting facilities including a spectacular indoor\outdoor marquee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amora Riverwalk Richmond
- Amora Riverwalk Hotel Richmond
- Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne Richmond, Greater Melbourne