“Top Hotel.”

Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a great place to stay. Although it is situated out of the CBD it is still fabulous to go shopping and eating on Bridge Road. The hotel staff are very helpful and courteous. The room I have is very spacious and is very clean and tidy. The facilities here are more than adequate and the restaurant and bar is great. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Helen3568
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your great review of the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne. It seems that you had a great stay.

These reviews mean a great deal to our staff here & we really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Tim Bilston

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This is an interesting type of establishment. I attended this hotel as part of a function. It is always good to stay where a function is held. The service at check in was average, not a person offered to take my bags, clearly obvious I was struggling. The room was clean and tidy. What I did find extremely annoying was there was no guide/ information book about anything. That information I found later on the actual tv. You had to physically turn the tv on to find out the essential things like room service, information etc. the room was spacious and suitable, but once again confusing in regards to what was complementary and paid items. Eg; water bottle $3.50.
I found the cafe had advertised "open till late ", so I went down to get a coffee and some food only to find it closed early, yet there were people around!!
Going outside to look for food is not an option especially on a Saturday night as there is only a servo around and McDonalds. It is definitely not a safe place to be walking alone at night.
The room service menus looked good until you read that the late night service starts at 10pm!! It is not a cheap option and not a great selection. The hotel overall is satisfactory, for the price, I expected more. The overall service leaves a lot to be desired. It is also advertised on the Qantas website, but the staff would not acknowledge that or take my card to add points.
The only real plus for this hotel is it is directly on the tram line, stops directly outside hotel, and the views if you had one, evidently are good.
For my money, I could have stayed further up the road and would have had more value for money. A convenient hotel for a function and sleep over package, but that's about it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank nightsky123
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your time on the phone today.
As discussed, we do not participate in the Qantas Frequent Flyer programme. This is clear on the Qantas booking page.
Your feedback is very important to us & I can assure you that I review all feedback with my management team here.

The compendium / hotel information is all on the television. Should a guest need, however we do have this information in a folder.

The credit card surcharge is a cost that we pass on. This can be avoided by paying via cash or Eftpos.

We will look into your comments re the after hours room service menu. We continually change menus to improve. Our bar is open until 11.00pm each night. If it was closed before this, I apologise. Coffee is available via the 24 hour room service menu, however it is plunger coffee after 10.00pm.
Again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights whilst in Melbourne on business. My previous experience of hotels in Oz was that they tend not to be of the same standard as one would find in UK or mainland Europe but I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Because of the hotel's location it was very quiet and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and polite and my three days there were relaxing - even though I was on business. The food was OK but I would only eat there again out of convenience rather than choice. It was also very good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear John,

Thank you for posting the review of our hotel on the Tripadvisor website. We were very pleased to learn that you had a great stay with us.

Our team really enjoy receiving feedback from our guests.

We do hope to welcome you back for business of pleasure in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed a few times over the last three years with friends over the Anzac Day long weekend & we always love it. The guys at checkin and checkout always look like they are enjoying themselves and make us feel welcome. They would take an interest in wat we were doing and even offer to organise taxis, book dinner at the local resturants etc. Especially Bryan (forgive me if I have his name wrong). We were always welcomed back like friends and we would leave the desk knowing if we needed anything we would just have to call.

But this year it was much different. And not for the better. We stayed again over Anzac Day for a few days but it felt like we were at a different hotel. Sorry but it just didn't tick the boxes. The check in felt rushed and we didn't see the same friendly faces we hoped.

The rooms are great though and the location is excellent. Parking was included in our deal but extra cars are only $19 i think? Breakfast is ridiculously expensive for what it is so go down the road to Gypsy and Musquito. Also try Local restaurants The Piano and Kritamos.

Overall it was an Ok stay but the staff service has changed. Will return next year but hopefully things change.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Vicmakie,

Thank you for posting the review on our hotel the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne. We have had some turnover of staff at the hotel; however we aim for excellence in all areas. I am sorry that your check in experience was not as you have come to expect. I am confident that we have improved this area based on your comments.

Our management team are always looking to improve. Your comments assist us in this regard.

We do hope to see you again soon & we are confident that we can exceed your expectations going forward.

Warm regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

As we had some difficulties with finding a hotel due to some private holiday house cancelling our reservation last minute we struggling to find something mid range price during easter. We came across this hotel and just decided to go with it. was a great choice, it is out of the city but so close to tram line which takes you straight in the city which probe takes about 10-15min. Bridge Road is full of shops, cafes and restaurants as well so that was a plus. We loved that our accommodation was a spilt level and had two bathrooms!! It was clean & tidy. Great service downstairs at the bar as well. We had a lovely balcony looking over Melbourne City. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Jasmine H,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne after your recent stay. It was evident from your comments that you had a great time. We were very pleased to read your comments. Thank you again.

We hope t see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location in the heart Richmond located on Bridge road. Close proximity to a variety of restaurants and clothing outlets a few nice pubs and grocery stores.
A nice tidy complex easy to access and secure parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear keith w,

Thank you for reviewing the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne after your recent stay. It was great to read that we met your expectations. Our staff really enjoy receiving feedback. Thank you again.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago and I am again. The staff are really friendly and happy to help. Rooms are clean and reasonably sized, beds are very comfortable. Awesome shopping and restaurants close by. Definately recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tania C,

Thank you for reviewing the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne after your recent stay. It was great to read your comments & we are delighted that you had a good stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Timothy Bilston

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Richmond Hill Hotel
Art Series - The Olsen
#30 of 161 in Melbourne
BreakFree Bell City
#3 of 3 in Preston

Been to Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne? Share your experiences!