“Great location and breakfast”

Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Richmond
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location and breakfast”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was attending a conference in Richmond, the location was perfect. Prior to checking in, the booking was amended twice, which was no problem (very accommodating). Breakfast was excellent, Gluten free bread and soy milk was available, the smiling and very attentive Ong made the breakfasts even more enjoyable. The only minor annoyance was having to wait 45mins to check in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Shar G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to read that you had a good stay with us. We greatly appreciate the feedback from our guests & these comments assist us in improving.

Kind Regards

Tim Bilston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Wallington
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here last weekend with our three children, (7, 10 &12). It was a two storey townhouse style apartment with a bathroom on each level. The upstairs living area converted to a 3rd bedroom and there were balconies on each level. We had room service and despite the hotel being full, our meals arrived promptly. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again & recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read your review & hear about your impression of the property.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to looking after your accommodation again soon.

Kind regards

Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I always know if I am going to enjoy my stay somewhere when the check in is a breeze - here no one offered to help me with my bags & when I queried what the room configuration was the girl gave me a weird look & said "I don't know" .... Not so breezy. They also hadn't got the run down right of what was being covered by work. Which resulted in my time chasing up.

I travelled in winter & it seems they had the heating up in the whole place. Everywhere was hot !! This could be my body more so than others but it made the place stuffy.

Room service was poor - cold chips & average burger. Not worth the price. Buffet brekkie ok, nothing special.

Big king bed is nice. Rooms very spacious with big balcony. Second time staying here & would be ok if work sent me back here but wouldn't stay for pleasure.

Room

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Crtny,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry that your check in was not as smooth as you expect. We will certainly be re-training all of our front office staff to ensure that all check ins are smooth. Our staff should know the configuration of all rooms.

Our food & beverage team are also looking at the room service that you had.

I was pleased to hear that the room met your expectations. I believe that we can exceed your expectations & we certainly hope to do that on your next visit.

We will aim to be your preferred hotel for business & Leisure.

I have shared this feedback with my management team & we will improve based on it.

Culcairn, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the stay but there was a few minor issues.
Room was clean and very comfortable, we had our 10 month old with us and there was more than enough room to fit our porta cot.
We were told on arrival that a function would be on saturday night and the music would finish at 11pm, music was very loud considering we were on the 3rd floor, it kept our baby awake but they did finish around the time they promised.
only 2 towels for the three of us which was an inconvenience.
We were charged for mini bar that we did not use but it was quickly rectified.
Food was excellent, dinner was delicious and breakfast buffet was good.
The staff in the restaurant were amazing and so very polite. a big thanks to them.
Would have liked to be told our credit card would get a pre authorisation on check in and now we have to wait to have it reversed when we needed those funds to return home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bec s
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Bec S,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review on the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne. I will certainly follow up the points that you raised with my team & we will improve. There certainly should have been 3 towels & the credit card Pre authorisation should cancel once you check out.
I was pleased to read that your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you again for your feedback.

Cairns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a surprise the room was so big, was very clean and the breakfast was awesome. Loved the automatic pan cake machine. Oh and shower so good to have a hot shower with plenty of water pressure. The parking was thrown in with our deal (as was breakfast)

Room Tip: no tips first stay for us we had a great room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert M,

Thank you for your positive review on our hotel. It was great to see that you had a good stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Loud party music and noise in mezzanine went past the hour requested at midnight. Impossible to block noise. Sounded as if it was in your room. This small hotel is not set up for loud party music - not fair to the guests.
Failed to receive requested wake up call in the morning and almost missed a flight.
Account billing was mixed up and I was charged incorrectly.
Could not obtain the name of the manager to contact to voice concerns, apart from person at front desk.
Avoid unless they fix this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank mas e
Dear Mas E,

I did try to contact you via the organisation that booked you in after your stay. They did tell me that they would try to pass on my email. It seems that this was not done. I sincerely apologise that we did not meet your expectations. We do functions & ensure that they do finish at the correct time. The wake up call was not recorded & our staff messed up the billing instructions. I did contact the booker regarding the billing &tried very hard to get your contact details. My business cards are also at the reception desk all the time.

I can assure you that what you received was well below our normal standards & I can assure you that I have taken steps to fix these problems. I do hope that you will stay with us again, as I am confident that we can meet & exceed your expectations. I can be contacted via the hotel at any time.

Melbourne
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a hotel we often visit on Sundays. They have a hot lunch for $28 which includes a glass of wine. We often attend with friends to enjoy the jazz, and old time favourites. You can join in the singing if you can remember the words! Great food and great atmosphere. Ask to be in the atrium when booking.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our Sunday lunch.

With spring around the corner it will soon be time to enjoy the courtyard.

We will also be doing a Spring menu in the near future.

Tim Bilston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Richmond Hill Hotel
Art Series - The Olsen
#24 of 160 in Melbourne
Art Series - The Blackman
#12 of 160 in Melbourne

Been to Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne? Share your experiences!