“Across from Epworth”

Adara Richmond
Ranked #1 of 2 Richmond B&B and Inns
“Across from Epworth”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Great for a few nights while my partner was at the epworth hospital. Room was nice, had a studio unit. They do deals for epworth patients and families. Staff were nice and they have a decent gym for a small hotel. Downside, bed was awful and I can sleep on anything! Bathroom tiny but didn't bother me.

Overall a good deal and met my needs. Note, need to book a car park on the phone which I did. Was cheap at fifteen a day.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We are such a short walk to Epworth Hospital and are pleased that we have been able to assist you with our Epworth Benefits Program. Our parking is limited, and it is always advisable that you reserve your space ahead of time with us!

We have almost completed the upgrade of all of our mattresses, next time you book with us, mention this and we can personally discuss options with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again with us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Daylesford, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed for two nights at the Adara Richmond, apartment was clean and well presented. Unfortunately we had requested car parking in our initial booking email. When we followed up with a phone call to confirm we were advised that no parking had been booked. They strictly only book parking following a phone conversation - email is insufficient. We ended up parking in Coles down the road - not too far away but less convenient.

We had also asked for a roll out bed for the 10 year old so we could stay up a little later on the couch only to find out that there was no roll out just the sofa bed, so 9.30 bed times for all of us...

Apart from these two issues staff were reasonable and the location was very good. Would probably stay again but would definitely phone before booking to confirm a parking space.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jax R
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We hope that you enjoyed your Birthday Weekend. Our parking is limited, so we do always like to confirm with you personally that we have availability at time of your reservation, giving us the opportunity to provide you with solutions in the area.
We would have been more than happy to assist with a rollaway bed, whilst there is a sofa bed available in the room, we also have roll away beds that we can provide to ensure you are able to enjoy your time with us completely.
For your next reservation, please contact us personally so that we can personally assist.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at Adara Apartment for 2 weeks for work in a 1 Bedroom room and I would highly recommend. The room is big, clean and thoughtfully designed.
The unit is located about 30mins (2.5km) walk to the city and 20mins walk to the nearby parks.
Also, Chapel street is walking distance away.
There is Coles Supermarket around the corner and lots of boutique eatery within 5min walking distance.
The taxi ride from Federation Square to the apartment cost around $12.
The taxi ride from Airport was around $55
Finally, the staffs are friendly, helpful and cheerful which definitely helps.

Room Tip: ask for east facing 1bedroom room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank andrew y
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
You have certainly provided our guests with a wonderful description of getting around the area! We are certainly very fortunate to have lovely spacious apartments, and all the benefits of wonderful Melbourne such a short distance away.
We have just introduced a new service with our Airport Transfer Service, which will also make transfers to the airport more cost effective. Our team are all very happy and balanced and love the opportunity to meet the expectations of all our guests!
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Recently stayed for 3 nights with my family in a 1 bedroom apartment, using the pull out sofa for the 3rd bed. The room was a good size, with full kitchen facilities and a small cupboard containing all the laundry appliances.
Check in was easy and the receptionist polite. We had been warned that parking spaces were limited and so order a spot when making the reservation. You have to drive around the block and enter the garage via a laneway at the back. Parking is tight, but at least secure & there is a lift to take you to your floor. Free wi-fi was handy and there are 2 groceries stores within 400 mtrs.
The entry is about 50 metres from a major street in Richmond (Bridge St) which has 2 tram routes running along it to take you to the centre of the Melbourne CBD (15 min ride), with stops near the MCG (a huge sports stadium) if you're in Melbourne for the sport. You can buy the transport card (Myki) from reception or a nearby 7-11 store. Head away from the CBD on Bridge street and you will find it is a great spot for good-value shopping and lots of places to eat.
Although not far from a busy road, noise was not an issue.
We had a great time and found the apartment to be well positioned, clean, not cramped and a reasonable price.
Would definitely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear laneway appear quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us! Our rooms are certainly spacious, and provide all the appliances and amenities you require, whether your stay be for short term or long term purposes.
It’s wonderful that you had the opportunity to enjoy Bridge Road and all it has to offer, there’s a wonderful array of café’s, restaurants and shopping to explore whilst you are here.
The MCG is only a short walk from our front door, and as you were able to experience, we have just recently introduced the Myki Visitor packs available for purchase from our reception, which have proven to be extremely popular.
We have also just introduced an new relationship with an Airport Shuttle Service, another service we expect to be extremely popular. We look forward to having you back with us at Adara Richmond again soon.
Mascot, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay here often, usually in a studio apartment as I like the balcony (very small) and its facing the front street. I've since discovered the one bedroom apartments. Very spacious apartment, great layout and my next booking will be one of these rooms. They don't have a balcony but great value. Usually cheaper than the studio rooms.

Room Tip: Do your homework to get the best price for any room and if you have a car, make sure you book that i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We are so pleased to hear the you have enjoyed your stay with us, our studio apartments are very comfortable and spacious, and some as you have mentioned include balconies. I am so pleased you have discovered our 1 Bedroom Apartments which are perfectly suited for a longer stay. If you love our 1 Bedrooms, ask us next time you are with us, let us show you our 1 Bedroom Executives. We are currently in the process of upgrading these rooms styles, all of our Executive 1 Bedroom Apartments feature a balcony, some extremely spacious, all facing the front street.

Book Direct with us, this gives us the opportunity to advise of our room styles available, and ensure you are completely satisfied before you arrive! We can also advise of our availability for car parking and provide alternative solutions in the area if our availability is limited for your time frame.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for a long weekend. I had stayed here before when this property was owned by Quest, and thought I'd go back again as I enjoyed it the first time around.

I would have thought that with new management and branding, this place had the opportunity to improve on the negatives and build on the positives from the previous management, however, it looks as if it slipped back in the other direction.

Check In was a complete joke. I arrived at 3:20pm (1 hour and 20 minutes after standard check in time). Assuming that checking in an hour and a half after the earliest check in time would mean my room would be ready to go, disappointingly it wasn't.

Not only was I made to wait 10 minutes for the check in process even though everything was prepaid and prebooked, but was then given a key and assigned a room which was not the same as what I had booked. After returning to reception to resolve this first issue, I was then reassigned to the correct room type based on my booking. I arrived at my assigned room confronted by 2 cleaners inside it still cleaning it. It took 2 check in staff behind the counter to get this wrong.

Unfortunately, for an executive room you'd expect the standard of cleaning to be well above average. Dust all over the bed head, kitchen walls were grotty, and the sofa cushions had stains on them which looked as if they could have easily be washed out or at worst, replaced.

Hotels are so prompt with making sure that you check out by their specified check out time, in this property that was 10am. Yet, it's acceptable for a guest to arrive and be confronted with these unnecessary issues, even after almost 1.5 hours after earliest check in time.

I did not have the patience to even bother requesting another room again or asking for the cleaners to return.

Reasons to stay here? I like low level hotels and with only 2 floors above ground, this was ideal.
The location is clearly convenient with most destinations within walking, tram or short cab trip distance. Balconies and rooms were decent in size.

Room Tip: Call ahead to ensure your room is ready so your time is not wasted once you arrive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us at Adara Richmond. I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced on check in, particularly at arriving after our normal check in time. Your room under normal circumstances would have been ready prior to your arrival, however, we had recently offered and extended our departure time as a promotional offer in the our rebranding process. This unfortunately had an impact on your room being ready.

The allocation of the incorrect room type was rectified once you had notified reception.

Our Executive Room styles are all currently undergoing refurbishments, these refurbishments will significantly set aside the executive experience and expectations and will be completed in the coming months.

We are currently embarking on the replacements of a number of items, including pillows, mattresses, Larger TV’s, Lighting, Furniture and a number of significant differentiation points in the coming months. I do hope you have the chance in the future to see these improvements and provide us with additional feedback.

We receive continuous positive feedback in our Customer Satisfaction Surveys upon guest departures about the cleanliness and size of our rooms, I look forward to you being able to experience this on a return visit to us in the future. Your feedback in relation to the quality of your room specifically has been directed to our Housekeeping team to ensure that standards are high. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your future reservation so that I can ensure that your next experience with us is favourable
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night with our 18 month old for the purpose of going to the footy. The location is fantastic for a short walk to the footy, great cafés near by for breakfast and a coffee and shopping on bridge road.

From staying Thursday night at the Quest Werribee, Friday at the Mantra tullamarine then here it by far ranked at the bottom of the three hotels.

For me the mould in the bathroom was enough to turn me off from returning. The grout in the whole bathroom just needed a whole bottle of bleach poured on and left for a day. The drain was just as disgusting, the face washer my daughter had used in the bath was black/brown from sitting over the drain all night.

Apart from the grout in the bathroom it had everything else you could need.

I just expected that for a hotel that had just rebranded itself that things like the grout would have been cleaned.

I know the hotel is claiming to be undergoing refurbishments but this for me is just a matter of cleaning.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Hun'ee1203
Candy D, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Adara Richmond. We receive regular feedback through our Customer Feedback Survey’s emailed directly to our guests in relation to their stay with us, and receive positive feedback in relation to our service, size of rooms and cleanliness.

Your feedback is valuable and I can assure you that your comments have been passed directly to our Housekeeping Supervisor to ensure that the expectations in our rooms are of the highest standard. We are undergoing refurbishments, and will continue to strive to ensure that the experience for all of our guests exceeds their expectations. I would have been more than happy to have assisted in providing you with another room had I been made aware of this at the time of your stay.

Once again, thank you, this has certainly been addressed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Richmond Hill Hotel
#92 of 159 in Melbourne
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,438 reviews
Central Business District
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Been to Adara Richmond? Share your experiences!