“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Richmond
Ballarat, Australia
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Warmly greeted by staff upon arrival. Lovely old fashioned building. Room was much larger than expected (queen with bathroom) and very quiet. Charming hotel bar. With parking and breakfast (continental, again much better than I expected!) included in the room price, this is outstanding value so close to Melbourne CBD. I will be staying again!

Room Tip: Some rooms only have shared bathrooms. Check what is included in your room when you book!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The spacious room and a king size bed were quite a surprised for me as i only expected a regular queen-size Double room when i made the booking. My 14mth baby was easily settled with the large comfortable bed. There were a number of shared bathrooms but we rarely saw them occupied. The staff were friendly and helpful. My husband love the English breakfast. We only stayed for 4 days but preferred to spend most of the rainy mornings at the coffee/tea area where we can grabbed some snacks and hot drinks anytime. We enjoyed the quiet and peaceful ambiance in and outside this old building hotel. There were a number of beautiful Victorian churches around the area and it was worth to walk 5-10 minutes to tramp stops heading to city centre.

Room Tip: Larger room with king-size bed can check-out later than other smaller rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly.

Maybe I misread the information but I was shocked that there were only shared bathrooms, I'd call that a hostel, not a hotel.

The location is good, i.e easy to get into the city, but I don't know the area well.

If you're expecting a 'budget' hostel it's good. If you're expecting a hotel it's disappointing.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joobes3007
Murtoa, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Nice, basic accommodation, with a lovely big king bed. The building has a great history and feel about it. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast that was included in our package. Car parking was a bit small, but we have a very large car. Off street parking was a bonus. In general we were very happy with our stay, the staff were very lovely and helpful, and we would happily stay again :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carlie G
Brum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I liked this hotel and rate this the best one during my two and half weeks stay in Melbourne and staying at four different hotel.
Richmond Hill have everything that ticked my boxes.
Good Location, Tram outside front door.
Near supermarket,
Near train station that take to all surburb of Melbourne. This is important for me.
Even thou it a shared bathroom facility but bathrom always empty and clean and plenty of toilet rolls on standby.
Good hot running shower.
It even had a laundry
Also provide Breakfast in the morning which had lovely selection.
The old building make it more attractive and we have a front balcony to the front Road...Where my family smoked outside on the balcony,.
All perfect for me.
Although am not keen on blanket on the bed. Rather have duvet.
It had radiator to put on if we are cold.
Many restaurant and bar are nearby a short walk away
I would recommen this hotel to anyone. Dont be put off by shared facility. Our bathroom was across the corridor..Never see anyone during the night...It had good value for money.

Room Tip: Could do with a duvet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Echuca, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Recently a friend and I stayed at Richmond Hill Hotel, we were doing Bupa around the Bay on October 20th, The staff at Richmond Hill couldn't do enough for us, our car was securely parked, we were told about the nice places to eat within walking distance and had a great meal, a beautiful continental breakfast on the Sunday morning, we were also able to leave the car parked there whilst doing our ride and after our ride the staff allowed us to use the showers, they could not have been more accommodating, I would highly recommend staying there and I look forward to my next visit, the old Hotel is also gorgeous!

Room Tip: Lots of stairs so if you have a lot of luggage maybe stay on the lower level
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Beds extremely uncomfortable, the Whole room didn't feel clean enough, carpets marked/stained & old, very small tv with set top box, fire hazard 2 dbl adapter with no spare power points to plug in your ph, no sanitary bins in shared bathroom, I couldn't completely relax cause it didn't feel clean.

The only thing going for it was the free breakfast, parking space for car, location, staff friendly. It's a shame cause it does look lovely from the outside but it needs a major face lift.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel, we stayed due to our circumstances but I won't be staying there agin.

Room Tip: Book a room with an ensuite & cross your fingers with the comfort of the bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Chapel Street
Central Business District
City Centre Budget Hotel
City Centre Budget Hotel
#111 of 158 in Melbourne

Been to Richmond Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!