“Definitely going back”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Definitely going back”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Will be returning, I suspect many times.

Wide variety of dishes and given the quality of the ones we had last week, I will need to venture further into the menu.

Absolutely delightful service, funny, quirky and smiling all the time.

We had the chicken ribs and just thinking of them makes me hungry for more. We had beef wrapped in mint leaves and that was such a surprising taste sensation.

Truly inexpensive, wonderful quick service, memorable food. What more could you want?

Oh, this is not a flashy, upmarket restaurant. More like the sort of restaurant you want to have around the corner from home.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank heLPlates

Melbourne, Australia
“Good value fresh authentic cuisine.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

An interesting blend of Vietnamese with Chinese and Malay, with a variety of oddball specials on sheets of paper around the walls. No frills but clean and inviting, and after several visits I can say consistently good food. Fresh ingredients, and highly recommend the lunch specials which are cheap, good and filling. Laksa was outstanding. Great value, quite busy and vibrant on the main nights but very quiet midweek for lunch.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joel M
“Great fresh food”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great little place that I have wanted to try . Our entrees of crispy duck spring rolls were good , rice paper rolls nice and fresh , but the real jewel of the night was the beef with lemon grass and chilli stir fry ..

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Spaceboots
East Sussex, UK
“Try this one”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Of the several budget Vietnamese I have tried along Victoria Street, this is my favourite. Again, a no frills experience, but pleasant to sit in, a varied menu (with specials) and smiling waiting staff. My prawn dumplings went down well, as did my unadventurous choice of BBQ pork with rice. With its fresh and substantial coleslaw accompaniment, it was exactly what I was after.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jpvin
Melbourne, Australia
“Pedestrian food, poor ambience, give it a miss”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Why there are so many good reviews about this place I just don't know. Sure the menu is large,comprised of 160 items but there is far more chinese food on it than vietnamese, and it really should be marketed as a chinese restaurant. The vegetarian options were poor, and when trying to order satay tofu and vegetables, we discovered that there was chicken soup in all of the vegetable dishes. After sending back my meal 3 times, they finally got it right, but there were a paltry 6 pieces of beancurd in a plate full of chinese vegetables like bok choy and baby corn. My husband had a nice chicken dish with lemongrass and chilli, but that didn't make up for the boring spring rolls, greasy rice and appalling vegetarian dish. I would no more come back here than go to the moon, and there are plenty of real Vietnamese restaurants that far surpass this one. The staff were nice, but big deal, this was a let down.

• Visited December 2013