Reef & Beach Resort Zanzibar
US$166
Agoda.com
Mbuyuni Beach Village(Jambiani)(Great Value!)
US$64
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjetty barall inclusive packageacrobatic showstandard roompool sideprison islandblue safaristone townhigh tidethe east coastocean viewspent a weekour honeymoonvery nice placethe managersspice tourspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our first trip out of the US for our honeymoon. A good friend of mine who is in the travel industry, recommended this resort. Wow! Am I glad we took his advice. Check in was a breeze, we were greeted and shown to our bungalow, which had the most beautiful ocean view. We actually had a pod of dolphins swim past our balcony! The bungalow was spotless and well appointed with all amenities, including the much needed wifi.

The food, although quite different from what get in the states, was near five stars! Our waitress, Grace, was accommodating by helping us choose vegan dishes on the menu.

Room Tip: Definitely choose the bungalows! The ocean views are amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Magically!! I just got back from zanzibar and I simply loved this wonder by-the-beach;the food,service,atmosphere and rooms all looked great but the best part of reef&beach is the location,they have some of the best oceanside views in the whole of zanzibar and this is perfectly capitalised upon by the jetty on the indian ocean with a bar and lounge area!!!They also have a restaurant and buffet with a great selection.

I have to admit that I spent some of my most relaxing moments lounging in the jetty,if any place can be said to be anti-work and stress it would have to be this resort and the management and staff respond promptly to any requests. It is also not too far from stone town( less than an hours drive).
The memories of reef and beach will stay with me for a long time!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wonderlust906
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was my first trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar for business. This location was superb. I travel with 3 other people and we each had our own bungalows, ocean view of course. It was beyond amazing! The sight of the water always gets me. We were there last weekend July 12-13 and I was so sad to leave. The food was amazing and the prices were cheap. For those with families this is the place to be. A lot of kid friendly activities that you can enjoy. I'll definitely keep this place in mind for when I start my own. Everyone spoke clear English and I also enjoyed the nightlife. This is one of those places that you have to see to believe. When I come back I"ll be shooting a music video on the beach location. It was just that memorable. If you are flying into the Dar Es Salaam Airport I recommend that you stay here. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Must have ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After spending the last 3 years taking 'adventure' holidays, my wife and I decided to go somewhere a little more relaxing and tranquil this year. A friend mentioned Zanzibar and I remembered reading something about it online in a list of the worlds most 'relaxing' holiday locations.

From the moment we arrived at Dar Es Salaam Airport I knew we'd made the correct decision. The location of the Reef And Beach Resort was just sublime, the staff treat you as if they honestly cared about you having the holiday of a lifetime and the food (and beer!) were both cheap and out of this world.

Suffice to say, after spending 14 nights in Zanzibar and at the Reef and Beach Resort in particular, I don't think we'll be going on too many 'adventure' holidays in the future.

We will definitely be returning. Thank you to everybody at the resort who truly made this the holiday of a lifetime for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a seafront view if you do not have one. The staff are really helpful in making sure you get everything you want during your stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first time on African soil and it was quite the charm thanks to the Reef and Beach Resort. We were just in time to experience the new renovations so that was definitely a plus. Our rooms proved to be very comfortable, spick-and-span and air conditioned. The view of the Indian Ocean from our bungalow patio was nothing short of spectacular while the ebb and flow of the waves at night was music to the ears. The atmosphere is so relaxing and refreshing and the hotel grounds are swanked in lush flowers and trees.

The dining and food was superb. Well prepared, delectable and heavenly. They have a great sea-food offering. Every aspect of the resort is wrapped in authentic African elegance. The beach was just as great as pool side. We highly recommend the safari tour. They have some amazing scenery and animals. You have to visit their excursion desk and ask for Simba while you're at it. He has the best deals.

Kudos to the resort staff! They displayed one of the best customer service we've ever received. They were always friendly, pleasant and helpful, especially the bartenders. If you want to know more about Zanzibar’s customs and people without the use of Google, then they’re your best bet. We loved the bar on the jetty by the way. It has a really lovely view.

The pricing is also great for the family or couple on a budget. If you’re looking for great food, amenities, atmosphere and an overall great time, then this is it!

Room Tip: Bungalows with the ocean view are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple