Shehe bungalows is a very basic lodge with no luxuries. I think it's important being aware of that before going because you are not going to have hot water or air conditioning (but this is Africa!). However, the views from the bungalows are amazing, infront of the sea, and the staff is very kind. The rooms have fans and perfect mosquito nets.
If you are looking for some luxurious place you should look for the hotel resorts in the north of the island, not in Jambiani.
If you are looking for a cheap and basic accomodation, this is the perfect place! Breakfast is included on the price and is quite good. The restaurant is very limited, but there is a lot of places to eat in Jambiani, near Shehe, with good prices.
By the time we were there, they were doing some reforms on the bungalows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uhuru Beach (formerly Shehe Bungalows) is situated on the lovely coastlines of Zanzibar island at Jambiani village on the east coast of the island. It is a beautiful, intimate place, is perfect for those looking for relaxation on an idyllic tropical island, based in whitewashed, thatched beach bungalows, the spacious, airy rooms are decorated in traditional Zanzibar design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Uhuru Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shehe Bungalows Hotel Jambiani
- Uhuru Beach Zanzibar Island/Jambiani