My daughter and I spent four delightful days — reading under the thatched bonda, dipping in tropical blue ocean, walking white sands, viewing colorful sunsets through palm trees, enjoying the SheHe Hotel breakfasts, trying out beach restaurants, exploring the village and trying my limited Swahili at little dukas... I think people who rate this hotel low (even after they haggled the hotel down to $9 per night!) should go pay for a more luxurious tourist hotel and quit complaining. Our shower was not so hot but it's so warm in Zanzibar -- even in "winter" -- why care? Our bathroom and room were quaintly rustic (certainly way fancier than the village, or our recent Kilimanjaro climb!) but with such a beautiful beach and ocean, why would we mind? People living there were quite friendly, hotel staff also. Only one disagreeable incident: was a spoiled young beauty's loud and redundant complaints to the waiter, nearly ruining breakfast for everyone else (including her husband or BF). We would definitely return -- if I am so blessed as to travel to Zanzibar again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uhuru Beach (formerly Shehe Bungalows) is situated on the lovely coastlines of Zanzibar island at Jambiani village on the east coast of the island. It is a beautiful, intimate place, is perfect for those looking for relaxation on an idyllic tropical island, based in whitewashed, thatched beach bungalows, the spacious, airy rooms are decorated in traditional Zanzibar design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Uhuru Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shehe Bungalows Hotel Jambiani
- Uhuru Beach Zanzibar Island/Jambiani