We stayed at Shehe Bungalowsa for three nights and were very satisfied with our stay. Jambiani is very quiet compared to nearby Paje, and offers a different aspect of Zanzibar. The village is right behind the bungalows and the locals there are very friendly. Good value for money and really nice staff.
The bungalows have a ceiling fan and their own washroom with decent toilet, sink and shower (no hot water though). The beds are fine, and have mosquito nets.
The place is locally owned, so the money you pay stays in Tanzania. The restaurant is pretty good, but they don't always have everything on the menu.
All in all a recommendable place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uhuru Beach (formerly Shehe Bungalows) is situated on the lovely coastlines of Zanzibar island at Jambiani village on the east coast of the island. It is a beautiful, intimate place, is perfect for those looking for relaxation on an idyllic tropical island, based in whitewashed, thatched beach bungalows, the spacious, airy rooms are decorated in traditional Zanzibar design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Uhuru Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shehe Bungalows Hotel Jambiani
- Uhuru Beach Zanzibar Island/Jambiani