My bungalow was very clean with interesting artwork on the walls. The water was very hot for the shower and the basin. It was wonderful to sit out of an evening and watch the moon rise and listen to the waves pounding the shore. The restaurant food was adequate and reasonably cheap but the service was painfully slow. Breakfast (included)was good despite the free wasps with the jam!
The newly built swimming pool was a huge bonus as the sea was often a long way out and difficult to reach over the stony beach. It is a pleasant walk to the village of Paje where there are some useful shops (Super Duka), wind surfing and more restaurants and hotels.
The cleaners did an excellent job and the staff were ever helpful in arranging trips and taxis etc. The free internet access (with wifi if you have your own laptop) was another plus.
All in all a great place to chill out and enjoy the sun and the peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mbuyuni Beach Village is located on the east coast of Zanzibar, right at the beginning of Jambiani village, 4 minutes drive after passing Paje village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mbuyuni Beach Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mbuyuni Beach Village Hotel Jambiani
- Mbuyuni Beach Village Zanzibar Island/Jambiani