“A truly fantastic hotel!”

The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Baga
London, United Kingdom
“A truly fantastic hotel!”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I stayed here with my wife and my (almost) two year-old daughter for two weeks. It was my third visit to Goa and my wife's fifth, so I feel we can comment accurately and impartially on the Baga Marina. We have stayed at a variety of hotels in Goa, including the Leela, the Taj Fort Aguada, but also some lower quality establishments, so we know the range available to travellers.

Firstly, the hotel and staff are first class. I cannot praise it highly enough. Like most Trip Asvisor readers I was slightly worried about the few negative comments I read. I could find no reason why anyone would say such negative things about the Baga Marina. The service level was on par with the best I've received anywhere in Goa or the world for that matter. The staff were so friendly, they always had a smile and a hello for us, and took care of our every need - they even bought gifts for our daughter from their own pocket.

The hotel is indeed a short walk to the beach and the nightlife, yet quietly tucked away from the hustle and bustle, so top marks for location. The images of the rooms and facilities are accurate, but it looks nicer in the flesh, so to speak, which was a great bonus.

Samir (the General Manager), runs a very slick operation and I cannot fault the Baga Marina at all. I am a critical person by nature, so that's really saying something. We were married in Goa and visited for our fourth anniversary, and Samir made us feel very special, even supplying us with a lovely gift.

Before booking, I had asked what gym equipment they had and Samir replied very promptly, sending bespoke images of the facilities that were not available on their website.

I am more than happy for anyone to drop me a line if they want more details.

We hope to return soon!

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Stevro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Watford
Reviewed 20 January 2011

The baga marina is a very nice quiet hotel in the middle of a very hectic baga, we stayed here for 7 nights over new year and only had one complaint, our first room we were given smelt of damp and had ants crawling around the tea / coffee facilities however the hotel staff were quick to offer us another room which was perfect.
The food in the restaurant Mia Casa was always very tasty and the staff were among the nicest people we met in India.
The beach & titos are only a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My first trip to GOA was a blast and staying at Baga Marina was soo good, it was my second home for our 4 nites stay. Room with balcony was great! Services were good, food was great. we stayed in 1306 which overlook the entire pool/ground . Baga Marina hotel is just 5 mins walk to the beach. Very convenient. Oceanic Cafe was a favourite hangout shack when was on the beach., great seafood, massages etc.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We stayed in The Baga Marina Hotel for 10days and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location, comfortable hotel and we found the staff friendly and helpful.

When we return to Goa we will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Stayed at Baga Marina in November 2010 for 2 weeks after countless nights of researching hotels on the internet. Stumbled across this hotel and after getting a good deal, we decided to go for it. First time travellers to Goa, I was encouraged by the positive reviews of the hotel. Getting in the room, I was even more impressed. Great location, not on the busy main road of Baga, but down a little side street. 10-15mins walk away from the beach and very close to local restaurants / cafes. Cafe Coffee Day is great for little snacks and tea's and coffees. East meets West is also within walking distance and serve delicious, fresh food. Scirocco, an italian restaurant next door to Cafe Coffee Day serve the best garlic bread. Back to the hotel, great rooms with balconys. Sky TV has many channels including Star World (Frasier, Simpsons, Friends) FX (30 Rock, CSI Miami, Heroes), Ten Sports (WWE, Champions League) among many others.. Only bad thing is no ESPN so no live Premiership football.. However many local bars show the games live (albeit during the night depending on kick off times in the UK) Staff were very friendly, always making the effort to talk to you. The hotel pool is a great place to relax / read, with plenty of waiters roaming around if you need anything. Towels and bedding changed everyday. Local taxi drivers outside the hotel if you need to go anywhere but we walked most places but you can get a tuk tuk to Calungute for 40rps.. Cannot think of a single thing wrong with this hotel.. Will defo stay again

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Stayed here for 2 days and it was totally worth it..great in the heart of baga beach and the clubs around that area....will definitely recommend it to anyone going to goa for a fun trip and enjoys night life....

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HjR1979
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I visited BM few weeks ago. This was my first trip to Goa and I had booked the hotel through Ezeego. I had read great reviews about the hotel on trip advisor and had decent expectations. But i was definitely surprised many times during my stay!...and for good.

I just loved their restaurant (they had two ...the other... Italian one was not open yet) The pool had a bar! It is just 15 minutes walk form Baga beach!

The rooms were great! Only issue i had was the water didnt taste good. Overall 5 star!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
The Baga Beach Resort
Resort Lagoa Azul
Resort Lagoa Azul
#6 of 15 in Arpora
Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)

Been to The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!