First off, fly Kingfisher airlines, they are fantastic!
After looking at 4 rooms, we finally settled for the 4th room. Block 13, closer to the beach. Was put in block 7 at first, but after reading a review from someone else about the taxi men shouting all night, we declined it straight away. The rooms were clean, & the room boys are really helpful, one phone call & they are at the door with whatever you need. The beds are rock hard & the air con is really noisy. After speaking to other people, we realised we chose the right hotel as they were all moaning about their hotels. The pool area is small, the pool is clean & the water is warm, very nice, but in a sun trap, way to hot to sit there. March/april was a bad time to go as it was way to hot, 33 at night, 40+ during day. Baga beach is ok, really busy with sellers, but you get used to them. TGI Fridays is the shack we used, very friendly & helpful. Morjim Beach is deserted & peaceful, worth spending the day there.
Went to the waterfalls, fed the wild monkeys & washed the elephants, that was a great experience.
Pesquados, Electric Cats, Ronil Royale in Baga are great restaurants. Also, in Candolim, a place called After 7, superb food in an outdoor setting in a peaceful garden.
You take your life in your own hands walking along the road as there are no pavements, we saw one motorbike accident, they drive like looneys & constantly beep their horns!!
All in all, our holiday was good, so pleased the hotel is located right on the beach, really handy. Didn't go much on the breakfast though, but you can eat at any of the shacks on the beach for peanuts, plus you get free sunbeds & unbrellas. The sea is like bath water, really warm, but the waves can knock you off your feet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel Beach Resort, also known as CSM Hotel or CSM Beach resort, is the premier Four Star resort on Baga beach of Calangute. The silver sand Baga beach is rightly touching the property. You do not have to go onto the main beach itself for the sun deck of the hotel is the rising green dune from where you get magnificent view of the Arabian sea and sun bathe without being hassled by the vendors on the beach. Our sea facing rooms and suites give you magnificent views from your balcony. The resort spread over four acres of spacious gardens is built in Portuguese style villas, each having six suites/rooms. Main beach is just couple of minutes walk even from the farthest room from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Colonia Santa Maria (CSM) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonia Santa Maria Calangute
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel Calangute
- Colonia Santa Maria Baga Beach
- Colonia Santa Maria Goa
- Colonia Santa Maria (CSM) Goa/Baga