“Great experience. Perfect family vacation destination.”

Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Baga
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great experience. Perfect family vacation destination.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our second visit to Lazy Lagoon and as always Lazy Lagoon was at its best. It’s a small property but well maintained and well located near to Baga, Anjuna and Arpora night market.
The best part of the hotel is its courteous staff. The house keeping is fabulous and they would take the extra effort of leaving towel art on the bed. The staff welcomes you with a refreshing drink. Though they give you welcome goan wine, I did not get this time (they might have forgotten).

We opted for the Suite room with pool and lagoon view (Suit 15, 16). The room was spacious and well equipped with a nice sit-out balcony. The pool area is beautiful. Had good fun with Kids. Every evening, they offer you candle light dinner with live music. Most of the people staying there was family with kids and couple.

Food is decent, mostly North Indian food. There are very few non-vegetarian verities.

Few suggestions to hotel:
• Improve the gym with latest equipment.
• Dinner timings should be extended as it doesn't match GOA standards

I would highly recommend the place for someone with family and especially with kids. Thanks to Saurav and Prashant Anvekar for making this trip memorable.

Room Tip: Pool and Lagoon view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Terrance_motha, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Mr. Mehta
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your valuable feedback on trip advisor. It gives us immense pleasure to know that our services have been appreciated and with this it only wants us to aim higher. Thank you for trusting us once again and planning your holiday with us. Your compliments on our service and facilities is most appreciated by the entire team with the special mentioning of Prashant and Saurav. We have taken your suggestions on the Gym and restaurant timing and shall work towards improving the same for guest delight. We hope to see you all back with us soon and wish you all the very best.
Terrance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

the place is beautiful.excellent service especially the front desk......great value for money especially during the season........Front desk staff were helpful in explaining different activity and event in baga and around.. Please take help from the front desk.

Room Tip: beach side rooms....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your valuable feedback on trip advisor. It has been a pleasure in having you to stay with us and on behalf of the entire team would like to thank you for the compliments given on our service and facilities. We hope to see you back soon with us and wish you all the very best.
Baroda, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stay at Lazylagoon was excellent . From the moment u enter in the resort, to the traditional welcome and efficient check-in everything is streamlined. The rooms are good and well maintained. A special mention of the restaurant that served absolutely delicious food as also the excellent service. The room art by House Keeping staff was excellent both the towel art and the leaf wishes. Overall a memorable experience.
If any one planning to go to spend some days in Goa , it is one of best hotels available in budget with all luxury facility.
Rooms are really good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Karthik
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. Its our goal to ensure we try our level best to ensure all out guest are given an experience to to take back after your visit with us. Thank you for the wonderful compliments on the restaurant staff and the housekeeping staff as your positive feedback will help us to strive for more. We hope your holiday will live long in your memories and would suggest Lazylagoon to all your friends. We hope to see you back soon at Lazylagoon and till then we wish you all the very best.
Delhi -
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Visited Goa for Valentines ... it was the one of the best trips that we have had in a while ....Everything about the hotel and staff are perfecto! The location is superb. Very close to the attractions, and the happening spots in Goa.

Loved the Valentines special that the hotel had put up - Just Superb !!!!!

The hotel had the BEST service I have ever experienced. It felt as though everyone had learned my name within one day and acknowledged me by name. I can't say enough about how dedicated the staff were to providing exceptional service. My Kids had a blast and loved to be by the pool.

The restaurants were all great. Felt the food was cooked with love and care.

The room was very well designed with the bathroom shower being the high point for me. Both an overhead rain shower head and a powerful handheld shower were available with sufficient water pressure to make the shower a nice experience. The beds were, as expected, great quality and comfortable. Everything in the room was new, well designed and functioned well.

Recommend people to stay at this hotel. The GM Mr. Terrance Motha was super and did meet us to check on how we were doing. Honestly spend the new years at lankawi and this was a much much better experience than even Lankawi.

Thanks Guys for making the holiday special !!

Terrance_motha, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your valuable feedback on trip advisor. Compliments as given by you will only make our team work harder to ensure we live up to all guest expectations. Its really wonderful to know how you enjoyed your holidays with us and hope we will see you back soon at Lazylagoon.
Noida, India
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked though the resort directly, must say from the response I got at the time of reservation
was positive. They were ready to listen and suggest. Being there for my honeymoon, the resort
came up with suggestions of having your room decorated and planning a candle light dinner.
Was taken care from the time we arrived, surprised at the room deco and felt sad when we left
as its was a wonderful moment to our new life beginning.
Must try the restaurant, all you have to do is ask and they will suggest, which has been great.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite on the second floor as they are equipped with the bath tub.The balcony has great...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms.Sharma
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. It gives us immense pleasure to know that your holiday was worth every penny spent. Thank you for the wonderful compliment on our service to facilities available and hope to see you soon back at Lazylagoon to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

For the roving wheelchair bound, the proverbial mountains are always going to be very tricky to climb but surely establishments eager to attract a wide variety of patrons can go a little way extra for us wheeled patrons.

So, I will start with the positives (and there are many) followed by the let downs.

1. The disabled room provision at this hotel was great but could have been excellent with a little tweaking. I was able to access the bathroom and toilet without the help of my carer (lovely bit of dignity scraped back there so thanks Lazy Lagoon), although I believe the set up was mainly to accommodate cultural needs it worked well for me. There was separate shower attachments for feet, body, and overhead also good well placed safety rails in every thinkable place so at any level I was able to help myself? UNFORTUNATELY THIS FELL SHORT OF PERFECTION because there was no seating so if you were unable to stand and couldn't locate a usable chair the provisions would be useless to the immobile.

2. Watch out for the refrigeration. There is indeed a mini fridge which for the able person should be ok. If one can run about to bar and restaurant, ice is freely available. If however you aren't so nimble or able and if you need fridge or freezer space for medicines, ice and cold drinks forget it. Before you get to your room the ice will melt and keeping more than a few items in the fridge renders it useless. In fact things were coming out quite warm so think carefully on that one.

3. Room was cleaned on a daily basis and bedding changed if requested it seems. Sadly, the wonderful safety bars outside my room were neglected during my entire stay. They were dusty, the balcony area was dusty and all it required was a daily sweep and wipe down. I couldn't touch them unless I had some washing facility afterwards. Big let down.

4. Staff were lovely, eager to listen and apparently eager to please. Unfortunately, we were unable to communicate in the indigenous language and they had difficulties in English so much was left or overlooked and misunderstood. I must however commend staff who lifted me and my wheelchair up loads of steps so I could access the dining room. Thanks to the wonderful restaurant management and staff.

5. Although room provision seemed to encourage disabled holiday makers, I could not access the following:- RECEPTION AREA, I had to speak from outside as even the door wasn't wide enough to accommodate my wheelchair. There was no ramp.
THE LAWN is a great outdoor entertainment and eating area but not a lowered area or ramp in sight so more indignity of being lifted or bumped across, up or down.
MUSIC was that repetitive if I stayed any longer I would have to get ear plugs. The same cd again and again. FOOD, breakfast was an absolute let down and unappetising (cardboard bread, processed cheese and rubber omelette yum! The a la carte menu was ok if you are not too fussy. The fish n chips was nice as was the mutton rogan josh not great for snacks or lunch but given there are tons of nearby eating places to choose from that was ok. Breakfast does need overhaul though as it's in situ. I wonder is it to do with the fact it's lumped in with the accommodation?
SWIMMING POOL looked great and staff offered to help if I wanted to go in. I declined but was grateful for the kind offer. INTERNET one word rubbish. Ok a few more, frustrating, slow, unconnected, unclear etc, etc. SPA, CLUB, DANCE AREA- oops! no access for disabled so no possible comment. NOW FOR A WARNING I don't get it but watch out for tax. On any food bill there are several layers of tax and VAT. On the very same bill, the very same order at the very same time, there is the following VAT @ 20% then again @12.5% and again @ 22% then there is service tax. In some case it seemed the various vat and service tax amounted to much more than the actual food cost. When I queried this I was told it's how the government levy their charges. There is a different scale for alcohol, water and food so you end up paying taxes on taxes. I must say I have not experienced this anywhere else and would discourage this as a rip off tactic.

Room Tip: The views across the pool area is great as it overlooks lush greenery and flowing rivers.
2 Thank Nannah M
Terrance_motha, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your staying with us and your valuable feedback on trip advisor.
For us it has been a pleasure in delivering you the best of service on all your compliments. We have taken note of the suggestions and requirement as given by you point by point and shall ensure to have them available for your next visit to us in December.
Hoping to see you soon.
walsall
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Positives nice pool, hotel location good, especially for Mackies market and bagga beach, free taxi provided, free safe, room cleaned daily, clean towels and linen, pool towels provided. Negatives breakfast average, catered more for Indian tourists, service very slow, communication problems so orders usually wrong, except when Bon was serving although, staff very friendly, be aware service charges ontop of all meals/ drinks. Other members of our group had to call housekeeping as fridge was dirty and toilet not flushing kettle broken, aircon very noisey! Spa quiet expensive compare to other hotel we stayed in again be aware of taxes ontop of prices!! Avoid The Village restraunt outside and to right of hotel as we were served frozen food even after waiting 70 minutes for starter. I would say average hotel for price but, I would not stay their again as their are better hotels for same price

Room Tip: Choose a room close to reception not close to restrant as noisey and choose 2nd ir 3rd floor unless...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Terrance_motha, General Manager at Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Greetings from Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites, Goa !!
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor and thank you for the compliments on the Room, service and Pool along with the location.
The spread during breakfast has been noted and changes have been made ensuring all guest have a completed satisfied breakfast. Your suggestions will only help us improve keeping in mind all our guest.
With regards to the tax, please be informed that the tax structure is a government regulation and stays standard among all hotels and resorts in Goa / India, as going against them for guest comfort is against the law.
The restaurant mentioned "THE VILLAGE" does not belong to us as its located outside the resort premises and we cannot take responsibility for their actions.
Hope to see you back soon at Lazylagoon during your next visit o Goa, and in the meantime we wish you all the very best.

Terrance Motha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baga
Acron Waterfront Resort
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
The Baga Beach Resort
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga
The Baga Marina Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Lazylagoon Sarovar Portico Suites? Share your experiences!