“spoiled my holidays”
Review of Regal Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mahabaleshwar
Regal Hotel
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“spoiled my holidays”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was my first visit to Mahabaleshwar. As it was a long weekend during id,I could not find rooms in premier properties. I made my booking through makemytrip.com as they displayed fancy photos of this resort.Here started my ordeal.It was shabby hotel with dirty rooms,bathrooms and linen.

even the entrance and location of this hotel is not less than a haunted house.we vacated this hotel without any refund.Its the dirtiest of places which cost a lot of money.in the same money you can get a room in a 4star property

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank hksingh123
AmolPtil, Manager at Regal Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Sir,
We understand your stay has not been pleasant and we regret the same. However having said that, we have noticed that you have stayed your ENTIRE duration of stay you booked and did not checkout early as mentioned in your review. The resort provides neat and clean lined, the photos shown are after removing the linen, we fail to understand why any person would do anything like this. The resort is spread over 5 acres of land and is a woodside retreat. The outdoor civil work / maintenance is carried on only after the monsoon. The pictures shown is of a broken flower bed and chips of tiles been worn off.
This seems more of an attempt to "blackmail" the travel agent and the resort to get an unwarrented refund.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed in regal hotel during this monsoon, hotel rooms are nicely maintained, check in were smooth before the checkin time as we arrived early morning.
Pros:
specious rooms
helpful staff
nice quality of food , good variety

Cons :
location is not far away from market, but the road connecting to the hotel is in a very bad condition, u can't think of walking from hotel to market , also there is no street lights at the road connecting the hotel which makes u impossible to walk around the hotel

Room Tip: Choose spendid or exotica
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 3 August 2013

First of all let me clarify - we were looking for a moderate budget hotel for a good romantic getaway. Also for the same reason we thought that best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is during rains... you spend most of your time together resting and chilling ; and times you spend outside
roaming in Mahabaleshwar ( on available places ) you get
-- nice lonely time (with no rush)
-- great views i.e. all greenary and all full waterbodies
Year 2013 luckily for us was one of the year when Mahabaleshwar recieved one of the largest rainfalls.

About hotel Regal. We had taken cottage rooms

PROS:
1. Nice lonely location.
2. Spacious rooms with Bath tubs.
3. Internal layout of the property is good.

CONS
1. Esp. during rains a car is a must to travel from hotel to market.( a little out)
2. Don't expect great service.
3. Limited timings for hot water; We can hear utensil noise sometimes;

We used to have food outside of the hotel and cant comment on that.
Overall a very satisfying experience. Comparing with other hotels it was true value for money.

Room Tip: We choose cottage rooms. They are big enough and moderately modern.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KG-Group
Thane, India
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I and my family stayed in this hotel in regency cottage & enjoyed staying their in a very cheapest but very good hotel for 03 nights. This is a pure veg. hotel located just 15 minutes walk to main market & in very green woods with swiming pool facality & also a bath tub luxury. The staff is really very co-operative, always ready with a smile to serve you as you need. The food is also very good. The hotel in charge Mr. Amol Patil is also very co-operative & a very good person in all.
Definetly I & my Family will love to visit this hotel again & again.

Room Tip: As per my opinion for family cottages are very good & for couples elegant rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Well wanted to experience mahabaleshwar rains. We heard mahabaleshwar receives 2nd highest rainfall in India, Well the experience was superb. The rain drops are huge and rains continuously with a lot of wind. Well Regal was the perfect resort we were looking for. The property is amoung the nature, surround with a lot trees.,has a good swimming pool and a lot of open space. We checked out other hotels in the market too...but all were building like structures without any open space. Overall a very satisfying stay. With neat and clean rooms , decent food and very huge space

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with my wife on my birthday in June 2013. The property is placed within natural surrounding and nice for people who are seeking calm and peace. I also got a good deal, thanks to their off season package and manager Amol Patil, he was particularly good at helping me out for locations to visit at Mahabaleshwar. I stayed in cottage, which was centrally located and I think, was best among all the rooms option. Lunch and dinner foods were good.

Other thoughts; The hotel premise was not very clean and was full of concrete roads instead of lush greenery. The last 500 meter approach road to hotel is an issue, especially in rain. The road is full of mud and water logging. The hotel is bit far away from market and will require a good 20 minute walk to reach the market, better to have a vehicle.
The hotel was more like inside jungle and looks scary with few people around especially the rooms at far end of the property. Security also seems an issue, I lost my jeans pant from terrace (or room), reported this to the receptionist but no follow up. My cottage room window was missing the locking bolt. The breakfast was below average and on our last day we were served rotten breads, when we bring this to their notice they brought breads but those were having fungi too.

Overall an average experience!!!

Room Tip: Cottage rooms are centrally located and are the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RAMAN K
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The staff was very co-operative and the hotel amenities were very good. Rooms are neat and clean. food is very good so we ate all our meals in the hotel. Special thanks to Amol Patil for making our trip memorable. I had a baby of 1+ yr and got all the facilities for her.
we rate this hotel 10/10.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family