We traveled to Mahableshwar and stayed at this resort during Nov2013. Booking was done through a travel portal. There were enough signboards as we entered Mahabaleshwar, which made finding the hotel a breeze. The last 200 meter of the road leading to the resort was in a real bad shape and we drove very slowly to avoid damaging the car.
The resort is well spread out and in the midst of a jungle. Hence, very peaceful. From the time we stopped our car to till we departed from the resort, the staff went out of our way to make our stay a pleasure.
- Well Spread out , giving a feeling of space, peace and solitude
- Extremely attentive and courteous staff - they even switched on the geysers at mid day when we arrived so that we can have a bath after a long journey (normally Hot water is available only in the morning).
- Excellent food (vegetarian)
- Good rooms (we stayed in Splendid Rooms) - spacious and had everything that we expected
- A very nice and clean swimming pool (we did not use but could see it was well maintained)
- The resort does not have a good view (even from our first floor rooms)
- The overall maintenance is not good - you can find open wires, rusting metal, heaps of stonechips, bricks, open cartons, etc around the resort - something that can be addressed
- Slightly overpriced for the quality they offer
Overall, it has been a very enjoyable stay for our family, esp since we were looking for some peace and solitude in the resort