“Needs attention”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The first brick oven pizzeria in India and still the most popular. Guests drive few hours just to eat the pizza's and pasta's here.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Needs attention”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were there over the weekend, and walked into a near-empty restaurant for lunch. The setting is scenic- with lush forests and hills. The restaurant is airy - all glass - and spacious and tastefully done up. BUT. it was buzzing with flies. WHen I mentioned it to the manager, he insisted they were all outside. Though every now and then we could hear the flies go pop and crackle in the pest killing machines. Anyway, now the food. We ordered a mediterranean chicken and egg salad which was seasoned unevenly and every mouthful I had was too salty or too less. We ordered their famous wood fired thin crust pizza. I liked the pizza though the pineapple topping was a disaster because the taste of the brine (?) solution in which they were preserved, was too strong. For mains, we had prawns in lemon butter sauce - nice- and chicken in mustard sauce -okayish. The chicken pieces were too skinny to be a main course. And we ordered a tiramisu, which was anything but that. We were told this is the number two restaurant in Mahabaleshwar. At 5000 rs for this meal with drinks, it ain't cheap (we ordered some garlic bread etc). But someone needs to pay attention to the details and the basics.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mindwithoutfear

Surat, India
“The perfect restaurant”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The resort situated away from the main city. The location is splendid in the midst of the lush green forest. the ambiance is by far the best. The adjoining bar had an impressive list of drinks which you can enjoy in the open air. Chicken pepper salt was delectable. The Fish with hot garlic sauce was an epicurean delight.
It was perfect and we'll definitely be visiting here again.

4 Thank PinkyAnish
Bengaluru, India
“Great Pizzas, Awesome Views, Lovely Experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So you've eaten in fine italian restaurants, even the good ones of Mumbai.....dont expect the white glove treatment.... this one is in the back of beyond, on a mountain top hundreds of kilometers from civilization, so the surprisingly good pizzas come as a great experience. They even have a whole wheat base which I did not try, sorry. Small selection of wines, excellent pizzas, awesome views -- go before sunset. Service was attentive and good. I was told by the staff that their tiramisu is good, but I stuffed myself so much with salad and starters and pizzas - dessert had to be skipped. For a remote place, nice surprise!

1 Thank RajMadnani
Kolhapur, India
“better than little italy”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

It has to be best as per location is concerned, being a part of Brightland Hotel but the food just made it the best restaurant in the town.
Went there reading TA reviews and I think its still not as #1 in TA list. So the list certainly needs an update.
We had grilled mushrooms, their signature garlicy prawns and lamb bolognese pasta. All tasted perfect and were served at perfect temperatures.
P.S. the adjoining bar is always amazing with breathtaking views and impressive list of drinks.

3 Thank A_mathure
“The Olive Garden - Italian Restaurant Gem in Maharastra”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have been travelling to Brightland Resort for Past Two Years

I have traveled to many Countries had meal at many Italian Restaurants

In My View - The Olive Graden is gem of restaurants in Maharashtra

I have traveled to Mahabaleshwar especially for Food at Brightland Resort

The food here is to die for

Italian food is Fabulous, Marvelous, fantastic

From Starters to Deserts all items are of Top Quality I would go ahead and say IF Diamond Quality Food

From simple pizza or pasta to Risotto all dishes are fabulous

Soups are really really good really authentic

With New Positioning of the restaurant the food has not changed a bit

Really impressing Restaurant