“Simply Awesome Stay”
Review of Fountain Village

Fountain Village
Ranked #20 of 133 Mahabaleshwar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I would say simply a amaing Hotel in Mahableshwar build 2 year ago on other side of Market this hotel provides a luxury which every couple and family can enjoy . Best part of the Hotel is location which is very calm and silent even though it is near market but on opposite side , the hotel have private lawn where one can sit and enjoy his dinner or cup of tea. The staff was very poliet in terms treating there guest , food & service was excellent ..

I would give it a 4 star rating out of 5 ..

Room Tip: Rooms on west side for couples is best place behind swimming pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Watch out for this hotel if your going to Mahabaleshwar with your family and if you want to stay close to the market but away from the crowd !
It is just the perfect hotel!
The hotel has a swimming pool and restaurant .
The rooms are beautiful , my room had a wonderful sit-out area , the service provided in this hotel will definitely make you empty your pockets in the tip box!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mayur M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel rooms are very clean and nice inside. Market area is very near by . The taste of the food they serve is good which is only veg and i didn't find ny good eatery nearby except a Grapevine ...but that too server parsi cuisine

The problem is that the rooms near the reception (where we got to stay) have no windows at all, so there is no ventilation . No restaurant where you can sit and eat, everything is delivered to your room. or by the pool

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tejinder K
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My family and I spend the summer this year in Mahabaleshwar and our stay at Fountain Village really added stars to it.
Hotel is really nice, with specious rooms and good service.

Since I was with kids, they offered me a room with a bigger space and with dedicated verandah. It was so cool to get up in the morning and have a nice cup of team in the sit out area while the kids were playing the garden.
The rooms are very clean, bathrooms are nice and hygienic.
Staff has been very attentive and courteous.

Hotel's location is the biggest plus point....it is bang opposite to the bus stand. You walk few minutes and reach the market of Mahabaleshwar which is open till late night with for shopping and eating.
You can get cabs and guides from the bus stand for site seeing.

Only thing the hotel misses is a restaurant. Though they provide a decent breakfast (with a quick service and served hot)
But they you can try different other places nearby for the food.

Definitely a very good choice to stay in Mahabaleshwar!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SundipK
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I settled on the Fountain Village Hotel after our usual hotel was booked out. The images online seemed nice enough and unlike the majority of hotels in Mahabaleshwar it wasn't garish or tacky. This perception bore out well once we actually got to the hotel.

The Property: Don't expect too much room to walk around. The hotel is built on a modest piece of land and they've used the space quite intelligently, managing to sneak in a rather curious attraction by way of a mini pool. I suppose it must make sense in the summer months. There's no restaurant on the property though they do have a fledgling restaurant with a bare-bones menu. You won't starve but you won't be spoilt for choice either. No matter. The Grapevine Restaurant is practically a hop, skip and half a jump away from the hotel and better food in Mahabaleshwar is yet to be found (I have a review for the restaurant as well).

The Reception: I had dialed ahead to confirm the availability of a pool facing room and when we arrived we were escorted to a different room. I'm not sure what-facing-room it is but it looked like it faced a brick wall. I retraced my steps to the reception and without having to utter more than a, "but I though...", my wife and I were shown a pool facing room.

The Room (pool facing): is just about large enough. It's not too big. It's not too small either. The bathrooms are clean and reasonably sized, by which I mean you won't back away from the sink and fall into the commode. Furnishings are appropriate, clean and not smelly. This is no mean feat in a place that gets as soaked as Mahabaleshwar does. I wouldn't recommend any room other than the pool facing rooms since I can't imagine what they look on besides walls and the parking lot. The pool facing rooms, however offer you a pleasing view of rain battered roof tops and trees. Room service is fairly prompt and efficient as is the house cleaning staff. The ladies working on the property are full of smiles and will readily swing into a friendly chat.

The Price: It's hard to judge this one. If peace and quiet is as important to you as it is to me then there are a couple of other places that do rank higher but the Fountain Village isn't lacking in serenity either, especially when the rain drowns out all other sounds. I have to be non-committal about the price factor and say, you won't balk at it but you won't imagine you got a great deal either. It's extremely relative to the kind of experience you're expecting. Personally, I like to be left alone on vacation and I got it here. At the same time, if I need something I like to be attended to promptly. I got that too.

I normally review a number of things about a property I visit but that's all there really is to this one, other than a large game room with a very well maintained carrom board. It's not my top destination in Mahabaleshwar, at this time but it's undoubtedly the most convenient one there if you need to make frequent trips to the market and back or if you're as big a fan of the food at The Grapevine as my wife and I are. Within the limitations of the space available, The Fountain Village Hotel does quite well to offer a very decent stay. The management is quick to respond to complaints of noisy neighbours (such a necessity and rarity when you're sharing walls with overly boisterous vacationers).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kunalpuri
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Very nicely maintained. Spotless bathrooms.
Extremely nice and friendly staff.
Very close to market. So if you are looking for a quaint place then this may not be your best bet. Go for a hotel that is farther from the market.

What I didn't like is that, both the rooms I was given, had no balcony, no window. If you plan to use it only for the night to sleep then fine; but then you need not pay 6000/night. You can get less expensive options.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rayan A
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We migrated to "The Fountain" after paying the difference from day 1...it was a great experience and a great hotel with all good guys beginning with the receptionists, the bearers, the waiters and the restaurateurs...the food was great and we were fondled with a delicisous fare of breakfast, lunch and dinner...suggest that they also include coffees optionally at eventide and a discounted breakfast on the day of departure...everything hygienic, clean..overall great...I would recommend this to some of my friends. however, I wanted to rent the villas for about 4 to 5 days some time...to take my entire family if I get an opportunity...Notionally there is lot of scope for improvement...but surfeit as far as we are concerned.....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family