“Family Hotel with great food”
Review of Fountain Hotel

Fountain Hotel
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Pune, India
“Family Hotel with great food”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Superb property. Awesome Veg food (loads of it). The only problem with this hotel is location a bit far from Marketplace, you will need you vehicle. Would recommend for a family outing with personal car

Room Tip: If possible choose Family deluxe room, the executive room is good for a couple but for the couple wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Its a bad hotel to stay.Rooms are stinking.Infact the pillows,bedsheets are so terrible that you won't be able to sleep.We didn't slept whole night. There is bad response from hotel staff. I have no idea about food because we didn't tried.
Its a bad place...

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ravikant302
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had booked this hotel via an online travel agency for a planned trip to Mahabaleshwar. Unfortunately my kid fell sick a day before planned check in date and I had to get the dates changed. I contacted the hotel to change to a date in May and agreed to pay any price difference but they asked to choose a date before 31st March. Reason - financial year ends in March. I asked them if I want to make a fresh booking for May can I do so right away or do I need to do so in April. You can book right away was the prompt answer. So I proceeded to ask why then you can't change my dates to a date in May - they had no answer and simply dodged the question. I was forced to choose dates within March. To my greater misfortune my uncle expired few days later. I again approached the hotel to request date in May but their response was one date change they allowed itself was a favor. So now I was forced to cancel my booking and they said 50% refund will be given. After that began my painful process of follow-ups. For one week I had no clue about the refund. When I lost my patience the manager of the hotel gave a personal assurance and asked for bank details. After providing bank details and not getting refund for another week, I was forced to follow up again. This time I was told to contact the travel agency for refund as booking was made via them. When asked why they didn't refer me to the travel agency for date change earlier they again conveniently dodged the question.
I wish no other traveler goes through my circumstances, not at least with Fountain Hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vinay16
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Rooms and food are awesome. I have hired and taxi and the facilities for the drivers is pathetic. they dont allow to clean the car. They dont have a place for them to sleep. Good hotel if you are going on self drive,
other wise dont even touch with a long pole. your trip might get ruined.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Hi.. I am Alok Sarda. I stayed at FH on 13 & 14 March 2014. On the first look the property was old and raised doubts in our mind about rooms and food. But contrary to the first impression, we were greeted with well-furnished recently renovated Ex room. The best thing was small sit out in front of the room. There was small well maintained children play area to engage your kids and tempting swimming pool in nearby area. Food was good and entire staff in the dining area was courteous. We enjoyed the different varieties of food during our stay. To sum up.. it was value for money deal and created sweet memories.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Travelled to Mahabaleshwar and booked this hotel after going through lots of reviews and choose this wonderfully located hotel not far from the Market area but with the excellent views and great accomodation. The hotel has different categories of rooms and tariff includes all meals. A neat clean hotel with very friendly staff who will always greet u and take care of all ur needs, The best part is the food, Being a vegetarion hotel, I would say that it never made me feel that I was missing my non vegetarian, Well spread buffets with that special Gujarati touch and dishes, the food was simply amazing.. The rooms are spacious, neat and clean with all, the basic amenities which u require in a stay. The Dinning hall is spacious, Swimming pool clean, with separate pool for children, Lot of open space with ample parking, Definetly recommended. ?

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Its located at a perfect location. Just loved the overall experince...the place gives u a very romantic time together withur luv. This is the best place if u are looking for quality time nd peace from your work place

• Stayed February 2014