“5 stars of delicious, under a thatched roof” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soda marvin

Soda marvin
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Cabuya
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a local restaurant thst is attached to the owner's residence. It is mint green, across the street from super david mercado, with the coca cola sighs,
Ithaca, New York
“5 stars of delicious, under a thatched roof”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is an excellent little restaurant. Marvin and his wife are excellent chefs and serve food that is wonderfully displayed and delicious! The portions are generous and thought/finesse is put into each meal! We love the fish fajitas, but everything is wonderful! I highly recommend it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kaelias

Northern California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I try the vegetarian casado at every soda I eat at in Costa Rica. Soda Marvin's is by far the best I have had! Seriously. I have ordered it on two different occasions and it was wonderful both times. Others in my party have tried the chicken and fish casados (perfect, also) as well as some seafood dishes. Everyone agreed (both times I went) that it was absolutely wonderful food. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cziser
Costa Rica
“Soda Marvin- amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

As Americans moving to Cabuya, my husband and I have been trying to not eat at restaurants and eat at home instead. You can only do that for so long before you need someone else to make you a meal! :) On the recommendation of others we made it our lunch destination. We were NOT disappointed. The ambiance alone is stunning - beautiful locally made wood table under a beautiful native tree, excellent location for people watching and the open air kitchen makes for a Food Network viewing opportunity. But the food! The amount and fresh quality of food was far and above what we expected. As a vegetarian, finding food at any restaurant can be challenging anywhere but the Casado Vegetariano was the best vegetarian food I have found while traveling... hands down. Do not miss this place. We highly recommend you give Soda Marvin the chance to wow you too.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank arheasc
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Vegan Meal after my long hike....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

The family took great care of me and made me a full beautiful Vegan meal. They had no problem with my request. I sat in the sweet outdoor seating area.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank RaeSikora S
“Best restaurant in Cabuya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

This family run restaurant has the best food for the best value in town. The portions are big and the prices are not inflated for travelers. We visited several times during our stay and had various meals, Cascados, fruit smoothies, breakfast and their coffee is great!! Their daaighter taught us some spanish on our first night in town and the couple also gave us some fresh bananas from their backyard. Highly recommended if you are in the Cabuya area or if you're just driving by to go to Cabo Blanco.

• Visited April 2013