“Great food, excellent service, fantastic prices”
Review of Soda marvin

Soda marvin
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Cabuya
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Description: This is a local restaurant thst is attached to the owner's residence. It is mint green, across the street from super david mercado, with the coca cola sighs,
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We ate there every single night from the moment Jim, the owner of the Howler Monkey Hotel recommended this place. We felt no need to try anything else. Night after night we had great food at very reasonable prices. And the service was really friendly, too. We even brought our own wine after they told us on the first night that they don't serve any. Last but not least--great atmosphere, with dining tables under a palm-thatched roof. Can't get much better than this if you are looking for an authentic, low-key experience.

2  Thank Sanny07

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were vacationing in Cabuya when Marvin's restaurant first opened 3-4 years ago. We returned to Cabuya this year and our first stop was at Marvin's for our now traditional Quesadia and Fahita. The presentation was still artful and the quality was unchanged. This year we also tried his garlic fish filet and it too was excellent. The only thing that changed were his 2 daughters who served as waitresses. They were two precocious kids back when and now they are teenagers. There are probably 2 other good restaurants in Cabuya but Marvin's is still hands down the best food for the best price. He needs to raise his prices!

1  Thank mikulkatom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

After some 15 visits over 23 days, I offer an unqualified excellent to this wonderful family restaurant. The level of sophistication of the menu and the meal presentation was far above expectation on every occasion. The fresh fish was always served just cooked and delicately seasoned.

3  Thank 437michael
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We went to this soda based on reviews on TripAdvisor.
My husband ordered fish fajitas, and he enjoyed it, I ordered whole fish with salad, I was served big plate of salad with some fish. I guess the girl who took my order misunderstood me. I also ordered smoothie with mango and papaya when it arrived it was just papaya. I did not complain because the girl was unhappy to be taking our orders to begin with. The quality of food was good. Our bill came to 12 thousand colones which is a bit high for the stuff we ordered. I saw the daughter put some of the money inside her bra right in front of us. I was thinking she added extra amount to our total so she can pocket it to herself. How odd? Very strange. This put sour taste to my mouth.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Honestly this is the best food I had in Cabuya and all of Costa Rica! Wonderful owners, sweet and so gracious. I had so much wonderful food I took half of it home for the next meal! Check out the photo of what I had!

1  Thank Rosieridge