We came here with huge expectations, being that my friend stayed here before! I'd have to say that this boutique hotel will always hold a special place in my heart! From the Balinese decor to the walk to our villa, there was so much to discover and adventure to be had. If you want a modern oasis but enjoy being immersed into nature, this is the place for you!
Lena one of the new managers there, helped us plan our trip to paradise with fluidity and ease. We exchanged emails for months and she was so patient with us. Everyone plays several roles at Oxygen, so I won't mention what they do individually but will refer to them as our new friends. Victor was a charming host who we talked with late into the night. Harold was very kind and attentive. Reyna was informative and always very helpful. Steven always checked on our safety and we enjoyed his company very much. From the groundskeeper to housekeeping, you were always greeted with a smile. Everyone seems light hearted and a lot of fun!
Tips I have for anybody reading my review is:
*there is no television, so bring a laptop if you get the urge to take a break from the beauty outside the glass house lol. I'm sure they did this on purpose, being that their intention is for you to relax from the hustle and bustle of your daily lives.
*there are no phones inside the room. If you don't mind the exercise, you have to walk to the front desk if you have any questions.
*Meals can get pricey but if you want quality with a bit of class, definitely dine here.
*They make great cocktails and can create whatever you like, so bottoms up!
*i would recommend renting a 4x4, if you are an experienced manual driver. Getting up there can be a bit challenging, but the scenic drive is nice. Hey you are in Costa Rica for a little adventure right?
*WIFI definitely works in the clubhouse but not always in your room, so get a good phone package. just in case.
*Literally 15/20 min. drive to so many beautiful beaches, ask them to help you with any tours!
Any changes I would make is a bigger flashlight in the room in case of a blackout, possibly a phone in the room (easier to order room service), lastly a revamp of the website and info booklet inside the room. Some tours aren't completely accurate and some meal options have changed.
Overall, our experience was wonderful! Oxygen is a secluded and very relaxed type of resort. Towards the end of our trip, it started to feel like home and we didn't want to leave! Oxygen is where we got engaged, so we will remember Costa Rica and this wonderful paradise forever! Pura Vida <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita