My partner and I spent a most memorable 24 hours at this newly launched gem, a tropical mountainside oasis perched overlooking Uvita’s “Whale’s Tail”. Oxygen Jungle Lodge offers a unique blend of sleek design, international elegance, breath-taking natural beauty and serenity. It can be truly described as a dream come true, both for Edwin and Flora, the talented and dynamic young hosts who created the resort, and for the travellers who seek it out.
Stand-alone guest lodges combine the best elements of modern architecture and Indonesian design to form a large, cool glass-panel “tent” centered on a veil-canopied bed, with state-of-the-art stainless steel, stone and frosted glass utilities tucked in at the back. The units are further shielded in bamboo curtains, with peeks at the garden setting of the compound on the side, and a magnificent view of the Pacific and the mountainside jungle at the front. We were drawn by images on their excellent website and our stay exceeded those expectations.
We also enjoyed the private trail that leads through the jungle forest to a cool stream pool, and the sights and sounds of wildlife. Add to this a refined, original and impeccably executed menu fare, often inspired by the freshest produce and foods available locally, and we could not have asked for a better day.
Oxygen is not for the run-of-the-mill, mile-a-minute tourist or the sated luxe consumer. It is definitely off the beaten path and, trust me, worth the little effort getting to. Edwin and Flora deserve all the attention their hotel, service and cuisine are earning them, and we wish them every success with Oxygen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita