Where to start with this amazing place I feel so lucky we found through a friend of a friend... I thank him so much for this incredible hidden gem! My husband and I just got home and couldnt get on Trip Advisor fast enough to write a review... this place is a tough act to follow and I have to say it was not so easy going to Manuel Antonio and another hotel after being in Uvita and at Oxygen for 5 nights- we are booking for next Christmas already! We pulled up to Oxygen and were greeted by who we found to be the most kind and wonderful staff/new found friends.. the decor was balinese and so gorgeous, clean and all white- they welcomed us, gave us smoothies and water and really set the tone for our vacation- very chill and relaxed. We didnt have any paperwork to fill out and no credit cards to put down since they had all of our information. Normally you go to a hotel and deal with all of this however you didnt sign or see one bill until the very end- and some might have been surprised in the end with their bill but I think they forgot to add a few coffees, etc bc our bill was less than we expected... they are very fair and so sweet ALL of them- so informative, Edwin drew an amazing map and told us if great places to go- and some not your typical tourist spots. The pool was a gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the ocean- such a great spot for a day to be chill and read your book. The rooms were incredible- we had our own private villa and I honestly felt like we were on our honeymoon all over again- youre in a room of all glass but then there are shades for privacy- a comfortable bed, gorgeous balinese decor and just a DVD player (which I loved- no phone or TV) with Edwins best list of songs... the food was incredible in addition to the presentation (at breakfast as well as lunch and dinner). it is a small, intimate resort so for lunch the menu varies depending on what the chef found for the day- so all was delicious and fresh! As for dinner, it was like no other. A 5 course meal with the most talented chef from Holland- I was trying to recruit him back to the states. The presentation, the way it was served with an explanation of what we were eating was incredible- better than a 5 star restaurant and not stuffy at all- we ended up eating there every night! The chef would head out every morning to town to find the most fresh and amazing ingredients. The wildlife was awesome and the river on their property is a must see - and dont forget about a massage at Oxygen- im blanking on her name however she was amazing- I had 2 hours and this is a must while at Oxygen! I loved the location, definitely do the drive during the day if you can and I loved that there werent any signs and it was a 10 minute drive from town so you felt like you were in a secluded resort- away from it all with an incredible view. The place was spotless - Edwin and the others would do anything for you. We have made so many great friends because you get to know everyone so well because its so intimate and small. No children which was nice and it was so mellow and relaxing. They definitely attract a great clientele and this place was beyond affordable- we told them they should charge more- I cant thank everyone enough for everything- because of all of you, your amazing little hidden find and the atmosphere you have created for what was the best trip we have ever taken. The one person we missed meeting was Flora who I think I drove crazy with all of my questions via email prior to coming. I honestly felt like she was next door because I would email her a question and within an hour max I would have an answer. She booked our car (4x4 of course is a must and for sure get a GPS) and took care of all questions I had asked! Sorry I am rambling but the first thing I do when I got home was to get on Trip Advisor to share my incredible experience at Oxygen which I hope you all get to experience yourself- side note, be sure to go to Oxygen last during your vacation or stay there the whole time because any place after doesnt even compare and can be a disappointment- Oxygen has set high standards and are a tough act to follow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita