Hotel Luz de Luna
  • Free Internet
Vista Celestial(Uvita)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsclean roomscosta ricasmall placeplace to staynice poolhot watercomfortable bedthree nightsfelipetvcandlesjungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

A great little spot near Uvita and the beach. Friendly staff, a nice clean room and good food. This was a nice surprise during our travels of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at Luz de Luna for 5 nights on a recommendation from friends and as promised it was wonderful. Our room was new and perfectly maintained. Felipe and Patricia truly care about their guests, going out of their way to make sure they are comfortable and welcome. The staff was very friendly and clearly happy in their work.
Their restaurant, La Fogata, was great and reasonably priced - the roasted chicken was the best we have had in Costa Rica. Great pizzas as well.
We will definitely return and also recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Upper floor room 9 had a good view and the most patio space outside, with its own table outside the door
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2012

What a find. I hadn't decided on my last spot in Costa Rica and followed advice from a fellow traveler. I was able to book a room at the Luz de Luna and luxuriated in the care of Felipe and Patricia, hoteliers. It's about a 20-to-30 minute walk to the beach (there's a free beach and the National Park beach--$6 entry for non-Ticos.) and offered AC (which I didn't think I needed but I was grateful for) TV (again I think I wanted this but used it) and a great deck for early morning yoga or late afternoon whatever. There's even a pool. The hotel has a nice restaurant and breakfast is included. There was also a good restaurant on the highway nearby (also a grocery store. At the end of my stay I was able to book an Easy Ride into San Jose for $55 from the Tourist Info center on the North side of the highway bridge. The mini-bus driver picked me up at the hotel--super easy, good ride and on time.) I enjoyed speaking with Felipe and the other guests.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is a great B&B in the heart of Uvita.

Our double room was simple, clean and reasonably priced (even for peak season).

Beach access is about a 5-7 minute drive away.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This place is definitely a great option if you like to be close to the beach as well as to Uvita center. Most places in the area are not easy to access if you don't have your own car. This place is located on a side road just off the main road in Uviat. It is about 1 - 1.5km from the park entrance of the National Park and has a restaurant on spot.

The rooms a nice and heading on to a terrace where you find space to sit and relax. All rooms come with A/C and TV. The bathrooms are speacous. The food at the restaurant is very delicous, I ate there before when visiting Uvita.

Owners are very friendly and helpful with information about the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple