Villa Mareas
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgracious hostsinfinity poolwedding coordinatorzip liningcosta ricaamazing chefamazing weekcooked breakfastthis place is absolutely amazingweek staymangrove tourpura vidatropical plantsthe main housegreat houseoutdoor showerincredible views
Reviewed 6 January 2014

One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. The views are spectacular. You don't get to see this kind of natural beauty very often. The villas are beautiful, right down the fine luxury linens. Everywhere you look is breathtaking. I have traveled all over the world and this was one of my most favorite vacations. I love the combination of rugged landscape and luxury accommodations . This truly is paradise. Hosts Pilar and Tim could not have been more welcoming. They are knowledgable of the land and made our stay interesting and fun. They are elegant hosts without being stuffy. This goes on my very short list of places to return.

Room Tip: you can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CRSDLVNOSD, Owner at Villa Mareas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Curtis, It was an absolute privilege to meet you. Tiki and Chata both miss you as much as we do. Pilar and I certainly appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pictures and words cannot do Mareas Justice... staying here was like living in someones dream they imagined was paradise. The beautiful oceanic views, lively jungle, pristine waterfalls, abundant wildlife I had grown accustom to on this trip made for one of the tough goodbyes to memory. On top of that the host Tim and Pilar were even more difficult to part with. The level of hospitality they provided was second to none. Tim's creativity in the kitchen is impressive to say the least. I never knew such healthy food could taste so good, it has inspired me to take a whole new approach to cooking when I came home. Pilar's was incredible as well.. what a positive disposition she holds 24/7. She was working around the clock to insure we had experienced everything Costa Rica had to offer. By the end of our trip we truly felt like family and it was sooo hard to say goodbye to this paradise and I promise I will be back!!!!

Anyways, I have been to 35 countries and can whole heatedly say this an experience that cannot be matched for it is truly unique and will make you feel like a new person, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Front Top Master!! they are all great though
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My first time to Costa Rica was exceptional not only because I was vacationing with great company but also because I had the privilege staying at this flawless resort. I vacation frequently and I will say that this is one of the most tropical and luxurious resorts I’ve stayed at. I live in San Francisco and in a neighborhood with some of the best food in the world at my fingertips. That being said, I have to say that some of the best meals I’ve had in months were while staying at Mareas. Tim is such a talented chef who prepared exquisite meals each day, such a treat! I was impressed with Pilar (very friendly and knowledgeable), and their son, John, who offered a plethora of historical, cultural and wildlife information during our stay. I shared photos from my trip with friends and family and all have expressed interest in Costa Rica, and even started planning a trip to stay at Mareas. I hope I’m invited to join because I would come back in a heartbeat! I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: If you love nature, and the awesome sounds of the jungle, any room is PERFECT!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CRSDLVNOSD, Owner at Villa Mareas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Wow! What high praise. It was such a privilege meeting and getting to know you Emily. We feel as if we've made a lifelong friend. We hope to see you back at Mareas soon and hopefully when we come back to SD as well.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I spent a whole week here on a yoga retreat and could not imagine a more dream-like escape. First of all, the place is stunning. As you walk in to Mareas, you are witness to a panoramically-perfect view of the expansive sky, warm ocean, and sparkling, infinity pool in a cradle of green jungle. The property is fantastic as the rest of the visitors have said. Heaven comes to mind. Paradise is an understatement.
But, what is even more wonderful than the home and the surrounding itself are the people who run Mareas, Pilar and Tim. These two have seriously powerful energy and make you feel like family. They are also more than happy to answer all of your questions about the jungle, point you to the best places to go around town, and fill your belly with delicious, organic, gourmet meals.
The rooms are big, airy and clean. My favorite part was the tiled shower in the bathroom. My bathroom had a view of the resident tree sloth, Cinderella. I loved falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of the jungle.

All in all, this place is an inspired sanctuary. You will feel ultimately refreshed and relaxed on your way back to reality.

I am scheming to find my way back asap. I love Mareas.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CRSDLVNOSD, Owner at Villa Mareas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Pilar and I loved our time spent with you! Your energy is amazing and contagious. We're considering buying the new "Stephanie" car. How could we go wrong?

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Wow! This villa is incredible! So clean. So open! Fantastic views, trails & waterfalls! The service was top notch as Tim the chef made great pescatarian food for our 11 person yoga retreat. Pilar was warm, welcoming & fun as she made us all feel at home in this tropical paradise. The infinity pool over looking jungle & Pacific Ocean was so calming & exactly what we needed to relax & unwind after fun filled days of zip lining & boat tours. I can't wait to come back here next year! Pura Vida!

Room Tip: If you have your choice, get the 2nd floor Pacific View Villa. Amazing View!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

It was a tremendous privilege to meet you. Pilar and I were both so sad when you all left, but also felt that we had made lifelong friends. Hoping to see you soon.