“Little piece of Paradise”

TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Uvita
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I was not impressed by what I have saw in their old website, it was good, but just that. However, just when I has getting the stairs to the reception area, I told to my colleague "Hey, we made the wrong turn somewhere".
You have to be there... I have been in a lot of hotels in Costa Rica, most of them are good or more than good; but few of them have impressed me as good as Tiki... and the service, the warmth of the young couple that owns the hotel... is just superb.
This is the proof that you can do better with just a few rooms, than with 300...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Hotel_InspectorCR

Reviewed 26 March 2011

My wife and I spent five wonderful days at Tiki Villas Lodge. This was our base camp for half of our holiday. The lodge is nicely placed outside Uvita so you felt like you were away from everything while still being within a short driving distance to all the necessities and within walking distance of the nearby public beach.

The wild life we observed off our balcony was a highlight with the sights and sounds of Toucans, monkeys, and frogs. The hosts were extremely helpful in making tour inquiries and arrangements as well as providing ideas and suggestions on activities that were available in the area. The breakfast was very good with a nice selection of options.

We would stay here again if we venture back to this part of Cost Rica.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Thank you Cindy and Thomas for showing us a great time and being such great hosts. The Tikivillas are absolutely incredible. We really enjoyed the feeling of luxury while being right at nature with the jungle. The outdoor showers are awesome! I loved listening to the howler monkeys at night. The villas are so clean and comfy! We cannot wait to come back and visit!
Great atmosphere, great hosts who became friends, and great relaxation. Thank you again! Tikivillas are a must do if you visit Costa Rica!!

1  Thank missctown
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The Tiki Villas were my favorite place we stayed at during our 11 days in Costa Rica. The location was between Dominical and Uvita and only 100meters or so up a hill off the Highway (you need 4WD to get up there). The villas were beautiful, clean, private and exactly what I pictured my vacation to be in Costa Rica. I loved the outdoor shower! The service was superb. The breakfast was better than any restaurant we went to in Costa Rica and it is included in the price! We also stayed at the Oxygen Jungle Villas in Uvita and we thought the Tiki Villas were just as beautiful, with equally good service, had breakfast included (O2 does not), better location and a lower price. So if I had to do it again I would have skipped O2 and just stayed at the Tiki Villas while in Uvita. I also recommend surf lessons with Bodhi Surf and canyoning with Costa Canyoning. Both companies are first class and well worth the money for the adventures they take you on.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

We stayed three days at the Tikivillas. The location is beautiful, the surrounding nature and the ocean view breathtaking. It was the best hotel we stayed at in Costa Rica. The cabins (there are 5 cabins) are very open, modern and big, have a well equiped kitchen, a nice indoor and outdoor shower and a wonderful balcony where we spent many hours observing the beautiful nature.
The breakfast is very rich and just perfect. The owners Cindy and Tom are lovely and very helpful. We spent two wonderful evenings talking with them about Costa Rican culture etc. and drinking wine. We really enjoyed it! Cindy and Tom also helped us in booking a diving tour to Isla del Cano and gave us good recommendations for restaurants...
All in all, we really enjoyed this incredible place!!! And are really jealous of our friends (to whom we have recommended the Tikivillas) that will be staying at the Tikivillas very soon. We hope that we will also come back to this nice place very soon.
Cindy and Tom, thank you for everything!
Stefan & Karoline

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2011

# Wonderful location with ocean view surrounded by the beautiful nature
# The bungalows are very open, modern and just perfect: large living room, large closet, well equiped kitchen, indoor and outdoor shower and a very, very nice terasse where we spent many, many hours observing the beautiful nature
# The breakfast was very rich and just fantastic
# The owners Cindy and Tom are lovely. We spent some evenings with them drinking wine and talking about Costa Rican culture etc.. They have been very helpful and have arranged diving and gave great hints for restaurants (you should definitely go to the restaurant 'Mamma e Papa'!) and for places to visit

All in all, we so much enjoyed our stay at the Tikivillas, it was just perfect (the best place we stayed in Costa Rica)!!! We definitely recommend this place and hope that some day we will also come back to the Tikivillas!! Cindy and Tom, thanks for everything!! Stefan & Karo

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This is an excellent hotel and this region was my favourite part of Costa Rica. It offers in my view the most beautiful landscapes and best beaches in the country. As it is not as dry as the Nicoya or Guanacaste, the flora is considerably more spectacular. It is somewhat remote and uncrowded, but Dominical is 15 minutes away for those who like a little bit of nightlife. The town of Uvita is 5 minutes south and it has supermarkets and a bank as well as a few restaurants. The roads in the area are very good.

TikiVillas has five beautifully designed cabins, three of them without a/c and two of them with. We spent two nights in a cabin without a/c and as we decided to stay an additional night, one night in one with a/c as our initial cabin was reserved for that night. The cabins are spacious with wonderful hardwood floors, open air decks with stunning views of the Pacific and the surrounding jungle, kitchenettes and beautifully designed bathrooms with both indoor and outdoor showers. Good value, and luxury at an affordable price.

I have noticed the other reviews do not mention fully what the cabins are about, particularly those without a/c. These cabins have a partially open ceiling, though it is screened in, to allow for air flow. Keeping in mind that you are in the jungle, you will get some critters in the room, including small lizards, toads, crickets, grasshoppers and ants. None are dangerous. If you are the type of person who would lose sleep if you thought there might be a bug in the room then you should consider whether or not this might be for you. I'm not bothered by bugs so for me it was part of the Costa Rica experience. The room with a/c, as it had a closed ceiling did not have insects.

The property has an amazing Infiniti pool. There was nothing so relaxing as taking in the sunset while in the pool enjoying a cocktail. The restaurant and bar area is beautifully designed. We did not eat dinner at the hotel but I do know that it is offered with advance notice. The breakfasts were superb. The grounds are impeccably maintained and we saw more wildlife there than in the cloud forest at Monteverde.

Tom and Cindy are friendly hosts who genuinely try to ensure that you are happy and enjoying your stay. If you get a chance be sure to have a glass of wine or cocktail in the evening with them as they are most interesting to chat with!

All in all, excellent. This is the portion of my vacation in Costa Rica that I miss the most. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends