“Amazing”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Uvita
Dallas,TX
“Amazing”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at TikiVillas for seven nights and had a wonderful time! The grounds and infinity pool are beautiful. The villas are nice, we stayed in # 5, which was extremely clean, but I think some of the amenities could be updated-not really a complaint, just me being a little picky. I love the privacy the lodge offers- we had it to ourselves almost the whole time and were able to see toucans and howler monkeys right off our balcony. If you are not open to an outdoorsy setting, this may not be the place for you. We loved it though and slept with our doors off the balcony open every night. The other reviewers are right-Richard provides amazing service and was so kind and knowledgeable; he made us feel special and we are grateful to have met him.

Some notes about the area-we did a day trip to Corcovado (arranged by Richard) and saw a lot of wildlife, including: humpback whales, scarlet macaws and squirrel monkeys. We also did a zip line excursion at Hacienda Baru (Richard again) which was a good time and were able to also see plenty of flora and fauna. The guides on both trips were very passionate and knowledgeable. We really liked the beachs at Whales Tail and the one closest to the lodge. We also had a fantastic time at a waterfall about a 10 min drive away.

Overall, it was about as close to a perfect vacay as you can get :) I miss it already!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank utdjenn
Thomas C, Owner at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear utdjenn, thank you very much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the service, location and your stay. It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and we hope to welcome you both again soon! Pura Vida! Cindy & Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

What a fantastic place to stay! I would recommend this place to anyone spending time in Costa Rica. Each lodge has a fantastic view and excellent facilities. The bar and pool area are perfect for hanging out if you manage to drag yourself away from your room. The service provided by everyone you might interact with is first class - friendly without being too interfering. Within our first two hours of staying there we had seen capuchin monkeys, howler monkeys and a toucan! Breakfast is delicious, cocktails as good as I've ever tasted, what more can I say? This place will not disappoint!
Top tips: we had our own transport and I'm not sure how easy it would have been to explore the area without it. As suggested by the owners, you will only make it up the entrance drive with four wheel drive.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 and it was excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andy k
Dear andy k, It was a pleasure to host you both and thank you for your wonderful review! Indeed Uvita area is best enjoyed with your own rent a car. So pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and cocktails and got to see so much wildlife on our grounds! We hope to welcome you again soon! Pura Vida! Thomas
Houston
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Tiki villas offers all of my favorite things about Costa Rica. I've traveled to costa rica many times and this trip was one of the best. Tiki villas setting within the jungle attracts all sorts of wildlife. The toucans were great to watch every evening while relaxing in the pool. The rooms are spacious, clean and romantic. The owners, Thomas and Cindy were excellent hosts and very informative. I will try to spend time here on all of my future trips to costa rica.

Room Tip: I chose a room without an Ac and loved the open air concept and the fan provided kept it comfortable...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy E
Dear Tracy E, Thank you for your review! As such a frequent traveler to Costa Rica we are so pleased you enjoyed TikiVillas! We hope to welcome you back soon! Pura Vida! Cindy & Thomas
Leidschendam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 August 2013

With only 5 villas this lodge offers lots of privacy and all villas have an amazing view overlooking the jungle and the ocean. The rooms are spacious incl a kitchenette, walk-in closet and small outside shower. The breakfast is just right and Richard is extremely kind and helpful. When in town make sure to have dinner at Sabor Espanol!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HvZ
Dear HvZ, Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our service and found our Villas to be comfortable and have perfect views! It was a pleasure to host you at TikiVillas and we hope to welcome you back soon again! Pura Vida! Cindy & Thomas
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The service was the best I ever had! I would go back in a minute! Richard made sure that our every need was taken care of. I wanted to see monkeys, Richard made sure we saw monkeys! Between the drive up the mountain and the view from the villa, everything was most exhilarating... lol! The way they are willing to arrange everything for you is a great help. They book the outing for you and even follow up to make sure all went well. Thank you so much for the wonderful time at your villas and I hope to come back sooner than later.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diana S
Thomas C, Owner at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear DianaS, thank you from us and the staff at TikiVillas for your review! We are so glad you got to see monkeys, at TikiVillas we have troops of howlers and capuchin monkeys that travel through the property (or secondary rainforest Preserve) during their natural daily food gathering that takes them via biological corridors to hundreds of acres of protected rainforest in the mountains behind. We are so happy you enjoyed our personal service and the resort and to hear you plan to come back again soon and look forward to welcoming you! Pura Vida! Cindy & Thomas
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at Tiki Villas with my boyfriend from July 25th thru August 5th.......OMG!!!!!!!
What a lovely experience.....I never thought I could enjoy a place that does not offer
Television for addicts like myself....... The beautiful view, the serenity and the WONDERFUL personalize service of Thomas and Cindy the managers made my TV withdrawal totally go away. Didn't miss it at all.
The rustic beauty and serenity of Tiki Villas is a Great vacation spot for couples. It is a perfect setting to reconnect with your loved one. The experience will make you feel like you are in Paradise.
I recommend it highly........You will fall in Love with Tilvillas....... Thomas and Cindy will make sure that you do.

Room Tip: room 4 has a Great ocean view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle R
Dear MichelleR, Thank you for your review and for staying at TikiVillas, it was a pleasure to host you. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the service. Being a nature oriented escape from everyday life we are happy to hear you enjoyed the “natural nature television” of sea views, wildlife and rainforest. We look forward to welcoming you again to TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge! Pura Vida! Cindy & Thomas
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was my first time visiting Costa Rica and WOW what a trip. It's an amazing place and Tiki Villas is the place to stay. Tiki Villas made for the best experience possible. It is right in the middle of the jungle, so you can go to sleep to the sounds of the rain forest. My favorite part was that you had a huge door that opened to the jungle and you had the option to keep that opened or closed (I liked it open during the day and closed at night). I recommend the day trip to the Osa Peninsula, hiking to the waterfalls, horseback riding, and the zip line. The service there is so friendly and they will help you in any way possible including recommending great restaurants and day trips . They even helped me get really good pictures of the wildlife. The local breakfast served is fantastic also. This was my favorite vacation ever. I highly recommend Tiki Villas.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stephen T
Dear StephenT, Hi from the rainforest! Thank you for your wonderfull review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the many activities in the area including waterfalls, Corcovado NP, horseback riding and taking pictures of the wildlife! We look forward to seeing you again on your next Costa Rica adventure! Pura Vida! Cindy & Thomas