My husband and I spent 6 nights (April 1-7, 2014) at Tiki Villas for our 10 year wedding anniversary. After a full day of travel we were exhausted when we arrived. As soon as I opened the car door and heard the sounds of bugs, birds and monkeys, I forgot about the exhaustion. Nature's soundtrack took over.
We stayed in Villa #4 with views of the jungle and ocean in the distance. A calming sight to wake up to each morning. We sipped coffee (free in the room) on the deck while waiting for breakfast. We woke up with the sun and the birds. The villa itself was roomy, clean and comfortable for sleeping. One thing to note - the tiny ants scurrying around the kitchen counter. It didn't "bug" us because we didn't eat in the Villa (just made coffee). We slept with the AC. The temperatures were too hot and humid for our sleeping pleasure. As soon as we awoke, we shut the AC and opened the doors.
For any fitness or yoga enthusiasts, the deck has plenty of room for a few pushups, lunges, dips and a yoga mat. I practiced each morning.
From the room we spotted toucans, hummingbirds and other birds I'm not familiar with. We couldn't miss the sound of the howler monkeys. From the pool we got a closer view of the toucans when a flock (maybe 6 of them) nestled in the trees right next to the pool. Monkeys climbed the branches of trees in the distance.
The pool is small, yet offers the same jungle and ocean views as our room. It's a perfect spot to cool off after a day of hiking, touring or a long travel day. With only five villas on the property, we often felt like we had the place to ourselves! It's quiet and the couples we met were friendly and ready to chat about their travel experiences.
Staff were excellent! We only saw Pablo twice. We had the pleasure of getting to know Gary during our stay. They were both attentive, friendly, always smiling and helpful to our requests for help with tours and spa services. We really enjoyed talking with Gary. At our request he would speak to us in Spanish to help us learn the language, we shared a lot of laughs. Gracias, Gary!
The chef came out and introduced himself one night, too. We ate all of our dinners at Tiki Villas and enjoyed every one including chicken, fish and salads. Our welcome cocktail, a frozen banana rum drink, was a great way to kick off our vacation.
We enjoyed a couples massage in the spa room overlooking the jungle. Although I could hear noises from the kitchen, the massage still put me into a deep relaxation.
The mountain road to Tiki Villas isn't that long, 400 meters from Route 34. We had a 4x4 which made driving the side/mountain roads a lot easier. Main roads are paved. From our villa and the pool we could hear the trucks on the road below us. That didn't bother us.
This was our 2nd visit to Costa Rica (last time we visited Arenal, Nicoya Peninsula and Manuel Antonio) and we fell in love all over again. Pura Vida for sure.
Overall, we recommend Tiki Villas. Staff were fantastic, location excellent, and price right for the accommodations (breakfast included).
Thank you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Uvita