I don't know quite where to begin, the well thought out bungalow that opens to a beautiful view of the sea or the staff that went well beyond my expectations to make it a perfect Honeymoon.
I think I have to start with the staff. Every member of the team was flawless in service and hospitality. During our stay our concierge / maître d's were Gary and Pablo. Both of which gave excellent advice on local sights and restaurants as well as made us feel welcome and at home in their tropical paradise. My wife's birthday fell on one of the days of our trip and Gary was excellent coordinating with me and the excellent chef to give her a surprise that we will always remember. Pablo also went beyond the call of duty in insuring every aspect of our trip was perfect, including the day trip adventure he booked for us. Next on my list of staff to admire has to be the talented masseuses who work at the Spa. Now let me start by saying that, unlike my wife, I'm new to the spa experience but I have to say.. Guys you have to try this! In a beautiful room open to the rain forest you can hear the surf breaking, the birds talking to each other as you close your eyes and they work their magic to relax and soothe you into a blissful state. Follow that with a bottle of wine and a great dinner at the Villa's restaurant and you will have an evening you will always remember.
The food was wonderful. I still miss having the traditional breakfast each morning. The other choices on the menu were good as well but that one has a special place in my heart. (Pablo informed me about the Lizano Salsa that makes it even better! Try it)
Note: there are only 5 bungalows now but they will be closing for the rainy season to add more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nature, Relaxation, Fun and Adventure that's what Costa Rica is all about!We invite you to join us at TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa, located in one of the most breathtaking regions of Costa Rica. Scattered within the rainforest paradise of Osa in Uvita, TikiVillas is a small "Balinese Style" Eco Lodge. Offering nine individual, spacious villas set on a mountainside 120 meters above the Pacific Ocean and just a short distance from the beaches at the Ballena National Park. TikiVillas is the perfect jungle and beach getaway. Couples and honeymooners can immerse themselves in our 13 acres of private rainforest reserve and lush tropical gardens with close access to miles of deserted beaches and jungle trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikivillas Rainforest Hotel Uvita
- TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Uvita