“Awesome In-shore Fishing Trip with Captain Malone”

Diablo Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner operated fishing charter. Captain Kevin Malone is a USCG Licensed master Captain, IGFA certified and has a lifetime of fishing experience. Top of the line professional gear, tackle, electronics and safety equipment. Offshore, Inshore trips and Whale, dolphin and turtle tours as well. Full or 1/2 day.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We booked a half day in-shore fishing trip with Diablo Sports Fishing on March 24th and had the best time of our lives. I was very impressed with Captain Malone's ability to find the fish at the end of the high fishing season. In all, we caught about 6 large fish (Rooster, Jack Cravelle, Mackerel and a Crocodile Needle Fish) which all gave a heck of a fight and provided us with 2 delicious meals while staying in Uvita. Captain Malone is extremely professional, keeps his boat spotless and adheres to strict safety guidelines which made my husband and me feel extremely safe out on the water. After consulting with the tour office in Uvita and not all too happy with the choices they gave us for other charters, we were fortunate that the owner of our rental recommended Diablo Sports Fishing Charters to us. Maybe we will go out with Captain Malone again this summer when we head up to Boston. He splits his time between Cape Cod and Costa Rica. If we are fortunate enough to visit Costa Rica again, we will definitely try the full day trip further out to try our luck at landing a Sail Fish or a Tuna. We could not have been happier with this choice for our fishing trip.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a great day on the water with Kevin. Great captain, great guy to fish with, put me on fish, what more can I say? Next time I'm in the area I'll go with him again for a full day.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Went out with Captain Kevin for the second time this past January. Captain Kevin had us on the sailfish about 30 miles offshore. He is on the water daily and has some of the best intel in the area on where the fish are. Within 5 minutes of trolling we hooked up into a 150 lb. Sailfish. Captain Kevin did an excellent job both running the boat during the fight and coaching the novice angler in boating the fish. He also did an awesome job getting pictures of us with the fish once it was brought in. We stayed out another 3 hours and went 5 for 6 on Sails, with Captain Kevin doing a fantastic job running the boat as the action got fast and heavy. Saw a bunch of sea turtles and finning fish as well. Truly amazing day, Captain Kevin is laid back, fun, and knowledgeable and I look forward to going out with him again.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My buddies and I went out with Kevin while on my bachelor party in January. From someone used to the 5ft chop, cold weather and 4 hour runs of fishing off the coast of NE USA, it is easy to say this was the top fishing experience of my life. We went off shore about 30 miles in search of sailfish. Kevin's prowess as a captain was quickly apparent as we were on the fish almost immediately after the lines went in the water. We eventually went 4 for 5 on sails in just over 3 hours. It was almost non stop action. Kevin did a great job of not only running the boat admist the chaos of trolling, but ensured that everyone on the was involved and having fun.

If you want everything done for you and the fish basically swim to the boat while lounging on a yacht, go up to los suenos and drop $2K. If you want to chase sailfish in CR the right way and have the time of your life, call Kevin and book a trip immediately. You will not regret it.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am a life-long fisherman but more of the Rocky Mountain trout variety. I didn't know what to expect of my first deep sea fishing experience but I could tell we were in great hands as soon as we met Kevin. Not only is he a super nice buy but he's also a great captain and fisherman. I honestly didn't know he'd be taking me, my son, my friend and his son 25 miles out to sea but he definitely took us where the fish were. Withing 20 minutes we had tied into a 40 pound mahi mahi that unfortunately pulled off a few feet from the boat (for which we owed the wives and kids a nice seafood dinner out in Dominical). A bit later in the the day, however, we landed our first 110 pound Sailfish and then another an hour later of the same size. Can't complain about that day of fishing! I'll be back and I will definitely head out with Captain Kevin again! I could not give him a higher recommendation. You can't go wrong.