We did not stay at the hotel but experienced a wonderful time at the bar and restaurant. Johnny greeted us and introduced himself before he took our drink order. The kids played in the pool while we enjoyed the sunset and spectacular view of the Whale's Tail at Marine Ballena down below. We had such a great happy hour, we decided to stay for dinner. The food, service, view and experience was wonderful. The place is easy to get to up a steep road about 3 minutes from the Coast Highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Ballena hotel, perched in the hills of Costa Rica's wild southern coast, is more than a tropical resort. Here, in the world's most ecologically diverse setting, you will discover nature's hidden treasures and sustenance for the soul. Our 20 room hotel is set high among the mountainous jungles of Costa Ballena. Enjoy exquisite views of the “Whale’s Tail” sandbar as it extends into the warm ocean waters and witness humpback whales cresting as they pass. Surrounded by lush rainforest and pristine coral-lined beaches, Vista Ballena is a place of solace and discovery in an otherwise untouched land. Paradise after all, is not just a destination, it is what stirs inside us when we set our eyes on the sublime wonders and wisdom of the natural world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vista Ballena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whales & Dolphins Ecolodge Hotel Uvita
- Whales And Dolphins Ecolodge
- Vista Ballena Hotel Costa Rica/Uvita