My wife and I stayed at Rancho Pacifico in Costa Rica for our Honeymoon. We were both exceptionally impressed the entire length of our stay. We stayed at the end of November and celebrated Thanksgiving with the other guests and employees. We flew into Quepos and took a short 40 minute drive to Uvita. The views of the coastline and hillside were amazing! We arrived and were immediately greeted by staff, received a short explanation on scheduling excursions, scheduling for the spa, and food availability. We were then escorted to our room. We stayed in a Treehaus which was incredible. The views from the balcony and even the bed are amazing. The Treehaus has a very open feel with tropical breezes blowing through daily. The Treehaus was decorated nice and was very contemporary. It rained for most days that we stayed, but the rains did not last all day and at the base of the mountain, it barely rained at all. My wife and I enjoyed 4 spa treatments each: Swedish Massage, Hot stone massage, Chocolate wrap, and a Coffee scrub. Each was very enjoyable and relaxing. I enjoyed the swedish massage and my wife enjoyed the chocolate wrap best. I recommend scheduling later in the afternoon after you come back from excursions but before dinner. It is really an incredible ending to an adventurous day. For our excursions, we chose the National Geographic Mangrove Tour, an ATV tour through the jungle, The Canopy tour (zip line tour), and spent a day at the Whale's Tail. Each was different but enjoyable in their own way. During the Mangrove Tour, we saw lots of wildlife, even all 3 species of monkeys native to Costa Rica, Our Guide even caught a 5ft crocodile for us to hold and take pictures. The ATV tour was also fun. We drove our ATV's nearly 3000ft up a mountain, crashed through a river, and swam in a waterfall. Rancho Pacifico also has a waterfall on the grounds that is a moderate 20 minute hike from the main area.
My wife and I were impressed with the attention and service that was given to us. Each staff member greeted us with a smile and by our first names. Breakfast served daily is delicious and they offer some traditional costa rican dishes as well. The gallo pinto was my favorite. Dinner was also amazing. We would start at the bar and get the "drink of the day." We would then be served a plate or 2 of appetizers while we drank. The we would make our way to the dinner service, with more appetizers, soup/salad, entree, and dessert. I promise that you will not go back to your room hungry! The food is amazing and comparable to any 5 star restaurant. We were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving Dinner with the owners, Garrison and Sylvia, who are so very nice, welcoming, and charming. We also ate with some of the staff who have been with Rancho since its beginnings. It was great to eat with them and interact. We all shared stories from home, our childhood, and Costa Rican adventures.
Overall, Rancho Pacifico was the best trip I have ever taken. My wife and I were sad to leave. Words here cannot come close to describing the attentiveness of the staff, the food, views, adventures, and the experiences. If you are looking for a romantic getaway or just seclusion and peace, then Rancho Pacifico is the place for you. You never have to leave Rancho Pacifico; everything you need is there for you. If not, just ask, and the staff will make it happen. You can even travel to the base of the mountain to the town of Uvita, stock up on groceries, mingle with the locals, and eat at the local restaurants. Costa Rica is a great place to visit and Rancho Pacifico will exceed all expectations; I know it exceeded mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita