This place is terrible, dirty, rude service, definitely NOT 5-star accommodations. We arrived a few hours early and were greeted by Chef/Manager Alex quite awkwardly and unwelcome. Food is not great. As previous reviewer stated, staff is extremely creepy and unprofessional. We stayed in January - 4 nights here after staying 4 nights in stunning Chirripo park area. We left a day early because I was fed up having spent Four Seasons-like money on the place. I couldn't sleep whatsoever with the noises, bugs, humidity, dirtiness, noisy drunk people. The only part of RanchoP that was not terrible was the SPA, which was still just okay. Also, management seems to handle criticism with shady business practices .. VERY unprofessionally.
If you are bent on visiting Uvita area - stay somewhere else! I do highly recommend visiting Manuel Antonio beach and walking out to the more remote areas of the park .. its beautiful. There is a pizza place in Uvita called Pizzeria Fogata that is really good too.
Anyway, I hope this helps. When we went back a day early we stayed a night at Marriott San Jose - superb after 3 nights in mosquitos/humidity/dirtyness. RanchoP did offer to cover a minimum for that night stay. Strangely on the night we left, the owner questioned me about why I was leaving and kept pressing me - a very uncomfortable situation. Don't be fooled by the celebrity shout-outs on their website. Actually - just look at the website - its garbage - pretty much sums up everything about the place. :) - Jon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita