My husband and I are still glowing from our honeymoon at Rancho Pacifico. We spent a week there in early February, and it totally exceeded our expectations. Although we’d read the website thoroughly, we were still unprepared for what we found.
The gracious owners of Rancho Pacifico, who were there during our visit, have created a space totally nestled within the land that allows a visitor to experience the beauty of the rainforest, mountains, and Pacific Ocean all at once.
We were really glad we took their advice to leave the transportation to them. It’s a tough 4-wheel drive trek up the mountain to get to RP, and then you’re in paradise. We loved that all the rooms back into the rainforest. We were constantly bathed in the sounds of the jungle, and it was fascinating how different those were at different times of the day. The howler monkeys were pretty active at night; the cicadas were in chorus in the afternoon, beautiful birds took their turns….
At this time of year, there are few glass windows at Rancho Pacifico, just screens. We loved it. How remarkable to be in the shower (using wonderful natural products that they invite you to take home) and be able to see and hear the jungle. We just sat on our balcony to take amazing pictures.
The dining was outdoors too! That surprised me, but it was perfect. Even when it rained one day, it was completely protected and pleasant. And the FOOD. Wow. All organic, all natural, so fresh. After a couple of days, our bodies started saying, “Yes yes yes!” and we’ve never felt so good. The chef is fantastic, and treats every evening as if you’re going to a different restaurant.
Not everyone would seek out a place like Rancho Pacifico, and we were thrilled by the people we met there. They were from all over North America and Canada that week, and all ages from early thirties to seventies. But the SPIRIT of adventure and fun linked us all, and after a few nights it became a big, stimulating dinner party that we all looked forward to. We have made some good friends that we plan to keep in touch with.
The spa was great too. We had the best massages of our life. Deep tissue, hot stone massage, and lymphatic detox. The latter was the best, most productive bodywork either of us had ever had. And it was fun to take advantage of being able to have massages together, with the jungle at our door.
The staff learned our names quickly and were completely dedicated to our pleasant time. From the talented chef (dessert was always “a surprise” and spectacular…) to the waiter that would break into occasional song, to the quiet, loving bartender, maids, spa staff, even the security guy… We felt safe and cared for. The drivers were awesome, and took us anywhere we wanted to go.
We ended up staying at Rancho Pacifico during the day for 4 days of our stay, and adventured three days. The zip line tour was my favorite. I’m a plus-sized 55-year-old, and never imagined I could fly through the trees so easily. It was so liberating and exciting.
Other days we took the mangrove boat tour (seeing birds and crocodiles and sloths and monkeys up close…) and spent a day at the ocean. The beach is quiet, the water WARM. Rancho Pacifico provides chairs and coolers, a beach cabana, and a gentleman who will look after your things when you want to go in the water.
Rancho Pacifico would not be for everyone. If you want a traditional hotel experience, you may not be happy. But we will run out of superlatives in describing it to our friends, and we hope to return. It was a profound way to celebrate our marriage.
Martha and Jim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Costa Rica Luxury Resort. Come for the adventure. Come for the romance. Situated in a pristine tropical rainforest nearly 2,000 feet above sea level, with majestic views of the Pacific Ocean, Rancho Pacifico is Costa Rica’s finest adults-only luxury boutique resort. When time is your most valuable commodity, days spent in our luxury rainforest hotel are days very well invested. Let us pamper you in our award-winning spa. Enjoy our world-cuisine inspired dining. Allow our amazingly friendly and attentive staff to meet your every need. Hike to our waterfall amid the bounty of nature that surrounds us. Come for a vacation experience you will remember for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita