“3 HOUR TRIP TO EDEN”

Rancho Pacifico
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Uvita
“3 HOUR TRIP TO EDEN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Wow...just WOW. During our search for the best resort in Costa Rica we stumbled upon Rancho Pacifico and I am so thankful that we did! I want to say RP needs more recognition, but I would be so very heart broken if the traffic they would receive caused me to be put on a waiting list. Truly a best kept secret. Let me begin with the views. RP is secluded and stationed atop a mountain, so imagine the scenery that will be surrounding you. For me, it was MAGICAL!! Every area of the resort was so serene and tranquil. The staff here is amazing!! They really know how to cater to your every need and treat you like family. The food was superb!! Chef Alex (also the manager) is so creative with his dishes that you will want to try everything on the menu at least once, or twice :)!! All of the food was so fresh with a plethora of flavors that will keep you wanting more. I suggest the National Geographic tour and the hike through the rainforest. We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa. It was like a luxury camp out! I will definitely be back to stay. Thank you Rancho Pacifico Staff for making my stay in Costa Rica so blissful :).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

After almost 3 years of missing RP – we decided to go back for a special and very romantic place to celebrate our 2nd anniversary – and the perfect place to keep the romance going.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like we were the only ones that mattered. Our villa was spectacular – even adorned with romantic candles because they knew it was our anniversary! Then we were treated to an amazing poolside dinner – which was romantic beyond belief. 3 perfect days later we left for home refreshed, relaxed and more connected than ever! Thank you to every one of the amazing staff for making our visit unforgettable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a small yet intimate resort. The atmosphere is tranquil and serene with the most amazing views!! The staff provided excellent service and the food was amazing. There are not enough positive words in the English dictionary to describe how fabulous this best-kept secret is.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Truly a unique and wonderful resort experience tucked away on a mountainside of southern Costa Rica. Everything from views, food, drink, spa and services were top-notch...the people really make the difference in this best-kept secret.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

As I was looking for a hotel to stay at I did a extensive amount of research. In the process I came across Rancho Pacifico through Tablethotels.com. As I started to look at reviews I could not believe that this hotel had not one bad review, sounded too good to be true!
On upon arrival at the Quepos airport Alex the GM, Executive Chef, along with many other titles was waiting to pick us up. We were a group of 5. The car ride to the airport was short and comfortable. As some of the previous reviews said the bumpy road leading up to the resort was well worth every bump. As soon as we got to Ranchero Pacifico they had fresh cookies and cucumber water waiting for us. The welcome you receive is unbelievable the entire staff really does make you feel like family.
After our warm welcome we then went to our 3 bedroom villa. Wow. The views were amazing truly breath taking. Now im not much for camping but this is the closest I will ever get to camping all the rooms have screen window and some on the doors which allow a cool breeze to come in and the noise of the jungle around you. To be in the middle of the jungle I was impressed on how immaculate the rooms were.
The food was amazing everything was organic and so fresh. Each meal was so filling they give you the right amount of food. I am such a foodie and very picky but I cannot think of one bad meal I had. The staff really goes over and above. Every time I turned around Mr. Johan one of the waiters was always surprising us with a special fruit tray or some special treats without us even asking…..now that is service.
This hotel is simply amazing I would recommend this place to all. Wish I was still there!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Basalt, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

As we sit here relaxing beside the pool after an arduous hike through the rainforest, or fitness trail as they refer to it here at Rancho Pacifico , it’s easy to recall the wonderful time that we have had here on our holiday the past six days. The hotel is remote but that is why we came. Tucked on a mountain slope high above the small beach town of Uvita the hotel is more than one could expect for its location. The views are of the surrounding forest and of the magnificent beach below. The RP is small in size about only 10 rooms; which is awesome because the experience isn’isn't spoiled by excessive amounts of other guests and it gives their first class staff ample time to see that everything is perfect. The rooms are exceptional, everything is well thought out and very comfortable. I’m sure that running a hotel in a location as remote as this is challenging but one would never know it as RP delivers first class service on every level.

Room Tip: The tree house villa at the bottom of the property is a challenge to get to but very quiet and seclu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The road up is definitely not the relaxing part, but once you arrive, you immediately realize it is all worth it. The service is impeccable, the food is delicious (they even accommodated our tricky vegetarian/gluten-free diets), and the views are surreal. My girlfriend and I chose RP for our last night in Costa Rica and it was, without hesitation, the perfect way to conclude our trip. We opted for a couples massage in an open-air spa, surrounded by a timely rain shower and a cool tropical breeze. This is about as romantic as it gets!

• Stayed December 2013