Rancho Pacifico is the ultimate getaway due to it's location, luxury, personal service and attention and food. The location is remote and beautiful. You will rise every morning to birds singing and the howl of the howler monkeys. It is high up the mountain. The feeling of the rainforest changes as clouds come in and over the mountain. The location even afforded us spectacular views of lightening storms. The views are breathtaking of the jungle, the ocean and specifically Whale Tail Beach. The villas blend in with nature and you feel like you are part of the jungle, especially with the floor to ceiling windows. Our shower even had floor to ceiling windows, but still had privacy as they only faced the jungle. We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa and it's as luxurious as you can get in the jungle.
The service is impeccable. The staff are very friendly and personable. We were greeted by name each time a staff member saw us. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. Even after we arrived late from a night hike when dinner service was over, the staff stayed and waited for us to serve us our meal knowing that we had yet to eat dinner.
The food was delicious. The menus are creative and delightful. We truly enjoyed every meal that we ate on the property. There are a few restaurants in town, but since getting up and down the mountain can be a bit cumbersome, it's just easier to stay and eat on the property and of course the food is good, so why go elsewhere?
I don't see any downsides to staying at Rancho Pacifico, but if you are staying in the 3 bedroom villa, you should know that the villa is up a hill slightly off the main property. If the car is available, the staff will pick you up. But, if the car is not available, then you will have to walk. The only problem with this is that the road is rocky, steep and could be muddy if it rains. Flip flops aren't a good idea walking up or down the hill, so if we wanted to go to the pool or wear sandals to dinner, we had to wear our hiking shoes, bring our flip flops or sandals and change shoes once we got to the main property. Although the 3 bedroom villa is beautiful, if I were to stay again, I definitely would stay in a room where I didn't need to worry about that. However that said, it surely did not ruin our vacation!
I highly recommend Rancho Pacifico and look forward to my next stay at this perfect property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita