I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend -- this was our first time to Costa Rica. Overall, this is a very unique place -- it's a intimate, tranquil B&B in the hillside of Uvita. We got the spa package via Luxurylink.com. Our room was very unique - it faced the rain forest, and had no glass windowpanes, so you could hear the rain and outdoor noises. It was not luxurious...the bed was a little hard and in the evening, we had to keep the lights low to keep the bugs out. The shower was spacious, but there was no hot water during the day (when the hotel did the laundry). The restaurant was phenomenal -- our meals were a definite highlight. The spa was also unique - open-air, facing the hillside. If you get a massage, I definitely recommend Hilda -- she is one of the best therapists I've ever had and I go for massages pretty often!
The main complaint I had was the location, and the resulting cost. The hotel itself is a 4 hour drive from San Jose. It's also far from San Manuel Antonio national park, and up on a remote hillside. So every time we wanted to do an activity, it was a 30-90 minute one-way ride. We did not rent a car, so we had to take the hotel transportation, which was very expensive, $30-200 per trip. The concierge seemed to have a limited list of activities he could recommend -- we found much better tours by asking around and getting information ourselves. We ended up leaving one night early (even though the hotel was prepaid), and heading to San Jose to do some white water rafting.
Overall, it's a nice place for a unique secluded getaway, but not a great place to base yourself if you want to do lots of activities in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita