Just got back from a glorious couples spa retreat at Rancho Pacifico. It was everything and more than we expected - or more accuratley, could have imagined.
We went to Costa Rica to experience nature - and chose RP because it was favorably reccommended by friends.
We were told that the location was spectacular, the service gracious, and the experience of the rainforest in such close proximity to the ocean unprecedented.
We were not disappointed on any of these points.
We were prepared for rain - and it rained like cats and dogs a few times! The mornings were sunny and beautiful - and we did most of our outside activities then. At night (when it tended to rain) we arrived to the cozy clubhouse to the smiling faces of Marvin, Harold, Alex and the rest - and enjoyed some of the best and most consistent food we've ever had. The friends who told us about RP raved about the food, and they were right. The soups were creative and divine (especially the "3 layer gazpacho"). The deserts were to die for. The seafood, fresh, light and accompanied perfectly by tropical vegetables we had never even heard of! And the fact that all is organic at RP just made it all the better. By the way, we overfed ourselves every morning at the complimentary breakfast buffet which got us through to dinner.
My favorite part was the spa. There are 3 fantastic therapists (I experienced them all) who's attention to detail is amazing!
I've paid a lot more for spa treaments without a fraction of the value. But the amazing part for me was the setting - my massage room felt like a zen sanctuary - overlooking miles of pure rainforest and the sea!!! Visually and audibly it is beyond compare - and I strongly reccommend guests plan to spend lots of time there!!
We were looking for some solitude, adventure, and authenticity - in the midst of comfort and service and feel this is exactly what we got. We have already rebooked for February - hope we don't end up missing the rainy nights we enjoyed so much!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Pacifico - Where Style meets Nature and the Rainforest meets the sea.....Your Adult-Exclusive Hideaway in Costa Rica's Last-Best Place. One of the World's Most Awarded EcoLuxury Hotels. Member - Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Deluxe Villas, Suites, & TreeHaus', Jungle Spa, Private Preserve and secluded beaches. Spectacular ocean views and spacious privacy. Trip Advisor Traveler Choice - 4 consecutive years. World Travel Award Finalist - Leading Boutique and Leading Green Hotel, Central and Latin America, 6 consecutive years.....and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Pacifico Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Hotel Uvita
- Rancho Pacifico Costa Rica/Uvita