Pura Vida! Sustainable Eco Lodge, without feeling the need for air condition. I am the first one to say," I Need air condition and hot water consistently"! So when I say, going this time of year was perfect, I mean, no sweat!
I was in a group room, so I believe this was the cause for limited hot water. The yoga participants in the private rooms did not seem to have this problem. I would indeed go private next time. All of the rooms were beautiful, comfortable and clean!
The location was fabulous, the reason for being there! Mountainside overlooking the Pacific ocean. Nature is #1 at La Cusinga!! The gorgeous private beach was a 20min hike down the mountain. If you prefer you can take a taxi 5-10 min. to the beautiful local pubic beaches.
The service was wonderful. The staff were all so happy,friendly and helpful. Always an English speaking manager around to assist! The owner was gracious and modest. He has an incredible story of how La Cusinga came to be. Also, why it remains so exclusive:) It is a perfect model of how we can preserve our planet. The buffets were delicious and nutritious (Plenty of local fresh fruits) with plenty of vegan and raw alternatives for each meal.
The Yoga Center, well, IT IS PERFECT! Indescribable energy! I will down load some pics!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita